Tech Community Live: Windows edition
Jun 05 2024, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

How do I download Instagram video to mp4 on Windows 11?

Copper Contributor

Hi folks! I'm stuck trying to download videos from Instagram and save Instagram video to MP4s on my Windows 11 laptop. I’ve hit a few dead ends with methods I found online, and nothing seems to stick. Is there a secret sauce or a go-to tool I'm not aware of? Would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Cheers for any help you can give!

17 Replies

@Gugel87 

Sure thing! From my experience, the best way to download Instagram videos is by using third-party websites or software that specifically handle downloads from social media platforms. Just pop the video URL into one of these software, and it should let you save it as an MP4 file right on your Windows 11 machine. Always double-check that the tool you're using is safe and reputable!

Here, I personally tend to recommend SYSCute AllClipDown, which is an easy-to-use video downloader for PC (Windows and Mac). It supports video downloads from multiple platforms including Instagram with fast download speed! No malware or malicious ads.

download_instagram_video_2.png

There are a lot of online websites you can use to download Instagram videos to mp4 on Windows 11 PC. However, no batch download available and the video solution is limited for online Instagram video downloader.

Downloading Instagram video to MP4 is not allowed by the platform. However, as a user, you can save videos, images, or Reels to view later by using the 'Save post' feature. Once saved, you can view or share them with others, and even convert the videos without losing quality using an online video converter.

Additionally, you can organize your saved content into collection folders for easy access. You can only save content from private and public accounts that you have accepted friend requests from. If you come across a video or image that you like, you can save it with ease.

youtube-dl is an open source too that provides a command line interface to download Instagram videos to mp4. It supports Windows, macOS and Linux.

Please follow the steps in below to download Instagram videos to MP4 on your PC for free:

1. Download and install youtube-dl on your computer. You can download the latest version of youtube-dl from its official website (https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl).

2. Open a web browser and go to Instagram.

3. Find the Instagram video you want to download and copy its URL.

4. Open Command Prompt on your computer. You can do this by pressing the Windows key + R, typing "cmd" in the Run dialog, and pressing Enter. In Command Prompt, navigate to the directory where youtube-dl is installed. You can do this by using the "cd" command followed by the directory path.

4. Once you are in the youtube-dl directory, type the following command to download the Instagram video to MP4 format: youtube-dl [Instagram video URL]

5. Press Enter to run the command. youtube-dl will start downloading the Instagram video in MP4 format.

Once the download is complete, you will find the MP4 video file in the same directory where youtube-dl is installed.

That's it! You have successfully downloaded the Instagram video to MP4 on your PC using the youtube-dl tool.

@Gugel87 

Downloading Instagram videos to MP4 can be a bit of a hassle since they don’t really make it straightforward. A lot of people use third-party tools. I’ve seen many folks recommend a simple online tool like DownloadGram or a desktop application like AllClipDown Instagram. Just make sure whatever tool you choose is safe and well-reviewed to avoid any security issues. Usually, it’s as simple as pasting the URL of the video into the tool and hitting download. Hope this helps, and you find what works best for you! Cheers!

What tools or online website you can recommend? I need to download a lot of Instagram video to MP4 on my computer.
SysCute AllClipDown is a nice video downloader you can try out. It is a powerful desktop program that can directly download instagram video to mp4 on Windows PC or Mac. It also supports other popular websites, such as YouTube, TikTok, Facebook. The free version can download three instagram videos for free. Please check out yourself!
I have heard about youtube-dl but I don't know how to download instragram video MP4 with it, do I need to install another application?

Are you looking for a simple and efficient way to download Instagram videos to mp4 format? Look no further than save-free.com! With our user-friendly website, you can easily save Instagram videos to your device with just a few clicks.

To download an Instagram video to mp4, simply copy the video URL from the Instagram app or website, paste it into the designated field on save-free.com, and hit the download button. Our platform will then generate a high-quality mp4 file of the video that you can save to your computer or mobile device.

Whether you want to save a funny meme, a heartwarming moment, or a tutorial video, save-free.com makes it quick and easy to download Instagram videos to mp4 format for offline viewing. Try it out today and start building your video library!

As far as I know, there is an online program called SaveFrom.net that can download Instagram video to mp4 on Windows 11 for you. Just head over to their website and paste the Instagram video URL into the provided field. Then hit the "Download" button to download Instagram video to mp4 on Windows 11 computer.
You can try Ingramer, that is a reliable online tool for downloading Instagram videos to MP4 format on your Windows 11 computer. It's user-friendly and offers additional features beyond just video downloading. It's a convenient option if you're looking for a straightforward and efficient way to save Instagram videos to your computer. Give it a try and see if it suits your needs! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.
If you're a beginner like me, I suggest you try 4K Video Downloader (simple and intuitive interface). As a popular and easy-to-use tool for downloading Instagram videos to MP4 on Windows 11 computers. You can download multiple videos simultaneously, which can save you time if you need to download several videos at once.
If you use online website to download Instagram video to MP4 on Windows 11 laptop, you need to copy the URL of the Instagram video you want to download, double-check to ensure you're copying the correct and complete URL. Sometimes, incomplete or incorrect URLs can result in download errors. And stick to well-known and trusted online video downloaders to minimize the risk of encountering malicious websites.

There is a chrome extension called Downloader for Instagram for downloading Instagram videos to MP4. It is a convenient and easy-to-use Chrome extension that allows users to easily download photos and videos from Instagram.

With just one click, users can save their favorite Instagram content directly to their computer. Whether you want to keep a copy of a memorable vacation photo or save a funny video to share with friends, Downloader for Instagram makes the process quick and effortless. With Downloader for Instagram, users can browse through Instagram and select any photo or video they wish to download. This is one of the best ways to download Instagram videos to MP4 on a PC or Mac.

The extension integrates seamlessly with the Instagram platform. Say goodbye to taking screenshots or struggling to find a way to download videos from Instagram – with Downloader for Instagram, you can save any content you want with just a few clicks.

Repost is a handy mobile app designed for Instagram users who want to easily download and share photos and videos from the platform. With its user-friendly interface and simple design, Repost makes it effortless to download Instagram video to mp4 onto your device and repost it on your own profile. 

The app also provides customization options for adding a watermark or resize the content before sharing it on your profile. However, this Instagram video downloading app is not free. 60 USD per year! 

ios-download-menu.png

@Gugel87 

Hey, did you use snapinsta.app?  it's a online Instagram downloading website, it's a good choice if you download few Instagram videos, and saves them with the original audio in MP4 format!

@Gugel87 Converting Instagram to MP4 is quite easy with SurFast Video Downloader from Nabla Mind. When you download videos from Instagram using this tool, it provides MP4, WebM, AVI, MKV, FLV, MOV, and GIF for you to choose from. Besides, you can customize the output video quality according to your needs. Hope you like it!
SurFast Video DownloaderSurFast Video Downloader