File Search feature for Windows Explorer unable to fine the keywords inside Office files.

Copper Contributor

I used to be able to just type a keyword in windows explorer and it will find the Excel or Word files that have the keyword inside the file content.

For example : 

The Excell file inside has a string of numbers (Example : 22665). So, to search for it, i just type 22665 in the search bar in Windows Explorer or the folder search bar and it will find the file with 22665 inside it's content.

But it's been a while now, the search keep on giving me 0 results, even though the file is there in the same folder.

If anyone say I don't need to use the search bar to find it, how about I tell you have thousands of files in the work stuff and just searching using the search feature is faster than me opening many files to find it.

Above example is only to illustrate how I use the search bar to find contents inside the Excel/Word files. 

And I have turn on indexing on the folders that I have been searching, so it's not the settings issue. Also, all the search options to search inside files are checked and turned on.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎6/‎2/‎2023
OS build 19045.4116
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19054.1000.0

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
Installed RAM 10.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Storage all using SSDs

Can anyone tell me why it shows 0 results when searching for inside Office file contents?

0 Replies