Error code 0x80070490: Adding Gmail to Mail App

Brass Contributor

Hello Guys, 

For long time, I'm trying to add my Gmail account to Microsoft Mail app on Windows 10. Every time I tried to add Gmail account, a error code 0x80070490 always brought up. I've researched online on this error code matter but nothing drastically troubleshooting steps found and no response directly from Windows Team on error code. Here are the steps that I've already performed on my computer multiple time's which also includes after every major updates of Windows 10. Note: When signing into my Gmail account, I give full access to access my account and when the app tried to access the account, that's when I get error code appear.

- Terminate and Reset the app from Settings/Apps/ Mail and Calendar > Advanced Options & Restart

- Update the Mail and Calendar app from Microsoft Store > Downloads and Updates 

- Remove the app through PowerShell as Admin & Restart

(Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage)  

Reinstall the app from Microsoft Store & Restart Restart

- Set the Net User as Administrator from CMD & Restart

(net user administrator /active:yes)

- Run SFC Scannow & Restart 

- Give all Windows apps a Full Control 

& Finally - Restart Credential Manager Service & Restart 

- Final OPTITION Wipe and Reinstall Windows 10 from scratch 

After following all of these troubleshooting steps, I'm still promoting a Error Code 0x80070490 when signing into Gmail account. If anyone found a trick or fix, please do let me know below.

Windows Team please do look into this case and fix the issue. 

My Computer Specs

Windows 10 Education 20H2 19042.985 x64

Intel core i5-2500 CPU

16GB RAM 

NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 

240GB SSD Storage

Mail and Calendar app version: 16005.13426.20920.0 

@

42 Replies
No contact with Google staff? Someone on the inside should know how to handle it.
NO ONE GIVES A @#$& ABOUT ANYTHING with these companies. They're not considered priorities, as long as it works ~75% which is the case I've found with a lot of Microsoft stuff.
Windows10 ver.1703 can not update (Seewo for School, Chinna)