Connector Compatibility Issues with Updated Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We have been successfully using our app connector for several years without issues. However, since upgrading to the latest version of Microsoft Teams, we have encountered significant functionality problems that were not present in the older version.

While the connector continues to work flawlessly on the older version of MS Teams, it fails to configure or remove connectors in the new MS Teams. Additionally, the webhook functionality is also non-operational.

We have noticed missing context values such as 'teamName' and 'teamId', which may be contributing to these issues. I have attached screenshots below for your review.

Old MS Teams context

Old ms teams contextOld ms teams context

New MS Teams context 

New ms teams contextNew ms teams context

Furthermore, we are experiencing problems with the microsoftTeams.settings.setSettings() function from the @microsoft/teams-js library, which does not seem to operate correctly in the new MS Teams environment. It is unclear whether this issue is related to the saveEvent.notifySuccess() function or if there are other underlying problems preventing the settings from being applied properly.

Many of our clients are expressing their frustration due to these disruptions. We are eager for your assistance and look forward to your swift response to help resolve these issues.

Best regards,

4 Replies

Hi @Aiden_Kim - Thanks for raising the query.
We will look into it and let you know the updates.

@Dinesh-MSFT What's the status of this because I am also dealing with the same bug and there is no work around to fixing the connectors

Hi @Smonnahan
Sorry for the delay in response.
Could you please confirm if you are using incoming webhook or outgoing webhook?
Also, could you please share code snippet of how you are getting the context?
 So that we will look into it and let you know the update.

@Dinesh-MSFT - I'm using the connector from Teams which is an outgoing webhook but managed only through Teams, not through the application and it broke with the New teams

Smonnahan_0-1715355085407.png

Unable to edit those connections now

And this documentation is not updated that I could find:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/service-hooks/services/teams?view=azure-devops