Configuring Incoming webhook - error - something went wrong

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We are trying to configure an Incoming webhook connector in Teams, but get the following error message:

johncrowther_1-1688404597890.png

:(
Something went wrong.
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again.

RequestId: aa977220-edc2-127a-1ea7-e6ab2407d223
Server: CWLP123MB4609
Date: 03/07/2023 16:34:11

I've seen previous posts from the past that people suffered this issue which was then magically resolved by Microsoft. Any advice?

4 Replies

Hi @johncrowther,

The error message you provided suggests that an unexpected error occurred during the configuration process. Here are a few steps you can try to solve this:

1. Retry the configuration: Sometimes, the error may be temporary or caused by a momentary glitch.

2. Check webhook URL and settings: Ensure that the webhook URL you are using is correct and hasn't expired or been revoked. Double-check any settings or parameters required for the webhook configuration to ensure they are accurate.

3. Verify permissions: Make sure you have the necessary permissions to create and configure incoming webhooks in Teams. Check your access level.

4. Clear cache and cookies: Clearing your browser cache and cookies can sometimes resolve unexpected errors. Try clearing your cache and cookies, then attempt the webhook configuration again.

5. Try a different browser or device: Occasionally, issues can be specific to the browser or device you are using. Try using a different browser or device to see if the problem persists.

Kindest regards

Leon

@johncrowther 

In my case I was missing to give connectors the permission:

fdu_treesult_0-1706788601808.png

Anyway, the connectors have been created in the background - make sure to delete these.

@fdu_treesult 

What do you mean by deleting the connectors in the background?
I tried turning channel moderation on and enabling the connectors to submit messages but still didn't work.

@Danny9905 - Are you getting the same issue as mentioned in initial thread while configuring incoming webhook? Is it in New Teams or Teams classic?