Call Queues Preserving CallerID

Copper Contributor

I am sure this is on the roadmap, but we're testing call queues and the callerID that an agent receives in a long GUID string rather than the original callerID.

88 Replies

I don't see the user named as the calling queue and therefore can't edit that.

I have set-up a new caling queue but still get the same error message

Snap10.jpg

Just lost all our phones - can't call into the office

What is going on!!

OK got the phones back - The New Call Queue was not linked in with the auto attendant.

Having set up a new call queue, this now also has an AD error and is requesting a cmdlet to be run in powershell however, we do not have an on-premises system so what location are we meant to access with PowerShell??

Surely this should just work. It is certainly very unclear what we should do to get the Call Queue working properly.

Working as well here.  I elevated this issue pretty high earlier in October and was told the fix was coming before the end of the year.  Glad to see they followed through.

BUT!  After Microsoft made the fix, they broke my outgoing caller ID settings.  I have it set to display our main line (service number) as everyones outgoing caller ID (versus the Line Uri or Blocked).  When Microsoft made this update, they broke this functionality.  I have a ticket in, but wondering if any one else is having the same issue?  Blocked and Line Uri are the only settings working at the moment...

see https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Set-the-Caller-ID-for-a-user-c7323490-d9b7-421a-aa76-5bd485... under "Verify and start Windows PowerShell" how to connect your powershell to sfb online

Import-Module "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Skype for Business Online\Modules\SkypeOnlineConnector\SkypeOnlineConnector.psd1"
$credential = Get-Credential
$session = New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $credential
Import-PSSession $session

than you can run commands like new-cshybridapplicationendpoint and so on. i dont think this is the solution to your problem, because the call queues should work just fine in an online only enviroment.

edit: sorry new-cshybrid... command is not for sfb online but for hybrid, like the command itselfs say.

I'm seeing this same issue. Was this resolved by you?

My outgoing caller ID still isn't working.  Going on 2 weeks now with open ticket...

Fixed now.  After literally deleting the policy and recreating it over the course of 2 weeks (about 10 times deleting and recreating it), it finally stuck.