Call Queues Preserving CallerID

Copper Contributor

I am sure this is on the roadmap, but we're testing call queues and the callerID that an agent receives in a long GUID string rather than the original callerID.

88 Replies

Mohamad - can we have any indication what soon looks like ?

If I have to pickup another sales cold call..... 

... or worst still a supplier on slow day.

Hi Paul, Its coded and in internal testing phase. Cannot commit on the timeline, all i would say is soon. Thanks!
Thank you for the feedback, excellent news !
Thank you for the feedback, excellent news !

Hi Mohamad.  Is there any progress with caller ID being a feature for the call que?

Thanks

Hi,

This is already on RoadMap. Will be released for Preview first on September and then to GA in October.

Best regards.

Thank you for the feedback, any information is appreciated as we are starved over here - where is the Roadmap I can view - is it rolled in with the office 365 one ?

Hi Paul,

Is not available under https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-roadmap yet.
Most probably next month since it will be available for Preview program first.

Any update on this thread?

Regards

Just to add to the issues explained on this thread, We are experiencing similar problems with the lack of Caller ID.

As we don't have a pick-up group type option in skype for business, we are using the autoattendant to pass all calls on to an office 365 group so that incoming calls ring through on multiple handsets. 

The problem with this is that all calls coming through to the office simply highlight on our phones as "Leeds Office" which is the name of the AutoAttendant. Along with this we see what looks like a GUID below the incoming caller title however, the called ID info is not displayed so we do not know who is calling into the office.

In addition, we can,t manage the call according to the number called by the user (e.g. if the user calls the number ending in 000 we want it to be handled by out pick-up group however for  the number ending in 006 we want it only to pass through to one department. Our current work around is to set up 2 separate auto attendants to handele the calls differently.

What we are doing seems to be too much of a work around and it would be better to be able to manage calls by caller ID and the number which the caller has called.

Regards

This is ridiculous.

probably the most basic feature.

We will have to drop CloudPBX AA / Call Quesu and use third party.

It is imperative that the caller ID is preserved and presented to the person answering the call. 

Can you imagine receiving calls on your mobile phone when every call you receive says incomin call from <inset name of auto-attendant here>. You would scrap you phone and go to one which told you who was calling you. 

The Cloud PBX must provide the details of the calling party. 

We would rather the calls came straight through to a pick-up group as follows

Main phone rings 3 times

if not answered or if the main phone is busy, all other phones in the pick-up group start ringing

Any person in the pick-up group can answer the call

(this basic functionality was available in our 20 year old Panasonic phone system)

We can't do this and therefore need to use the Auto-Attendant to make all phones in the group ring when an incoming call is received. 

Because we are forced to use the Autoattendant, the called ID info is lost.

If we call individual users directly, using their allocated number, from a mobile, the caller ID is sent through to their phone.

Can we have an update please on whether the autoattendant issues with caller ID will be included in the proposed upgrade to the Cloud PBX system?

Regards

So... it's September 25th, and still no update. Did you mean September 30th?

I can't keep telling my superiors that this is being fixed forever. They're getting ready to find another provider.

Radio silence it seems that will help!

Seriously this has got out of hand now, it was reported as a bug in preview months ago then it was a feature still being worked on.

As with previous posts this is a must have feature for any business serious about using this solution and as such we require proper feedback as to what is going on with this issue.

@Mohamad Saleem any update from you?

At Microsoft Ignite they did a presentation on auto attendant and call queues. During that they did a live demo that still had the GUID coming through. The presenter talked about the fix for that "coming very soon." I think they still don't have a date.......

Here is a brief run down of the posts from Microsoft on this thread

2nd October 2016 - Should be fixed

23rd February 2017 - Working on a fix

13th March 2017 - Still working on a fix

7th April 2017 - Features from preview go live - Still broken

19th April 2017 - Still working on a fix

18th July 2017 - Still working on a fix

27th July 2017 - Coded and at internal testing phase, no timeline but soon

23rd August 2017 - Will be released to preview in Sept, GA in October (no sign of it in preview still)

Now 27th September 2017 - No idea as to when it will be resolved just told soon still.

Nearly one year since it all started...!

As I mentioned before, we recently de-comissioned our 20 year old system to move to Skype for Business. The old system displayed the calling number on the phone screens and if the number was included in the company contacts is also provided the contact name.

To say that the supposed "new technology" is unable to provide a simple function available in a 20 year old system is rather dissapointing. To take a year and still not have it fixed is also appauling and to fail to keep concerned users regularly informed is disgusting. 

Presumably Microsoft dont really care about any of the above. It would be nice to hear back from them in any case.

Regards

James

I can only explain this away by Microsoft pulling development so they can develope the full integration in to Microsoft Teams.   Have you heard, skype for business is going away and will now be Microsoft Teams ?  
https://www.thurrott.com/cloud/microsoft-consumer-services/skype/135779/official-microsoft-teams-wil...

However Radio Silence is NOT excusable.

Now the change has been publicly announced can someone from Microsoft update us officially and fill us in. 

I think we all deserve a thorough explanation, dont you ?

I heard about that although the main bits of the PSTN calling have not been carried over just yet so you would think they will still need to continue developing Skype as it is for the time being.

I agree with you that they have likely pulled resource to the Teams development but that is a poor decision if so and they need to come clean about what is going on with this issue and ASAP.

this does still not work for me