Best Practices for using Office Product on SRSv2 Device

Brass Contributor

I am brand new to Microsoft Teams Rooms, in fact I just got in up and running.  I was hoping that I could use native apps on the device, like Word, Excel, Adobe, Edge/Chrome etc on the device without having to use another device, but I can't see how to do that anywhere.  This would be a primary use for the device.  My question is how can I display this on the room screen (and edit, save if needed) and have the Teams Room functionality?

I'm starting to think I just wasted a lot of money on a nice looking Conference Room event screen....

2 Replies

No, it is not possible to open a web browser or office applications from your MTR. It is a video conferencing device, not a collaboration device as the Surface Hub that focus more on collaboration than video conferences.

What you can do is to connect a laptop to the HDMI-in port on the MTR and use the front screen from the MTR for the laptop.

If your users uses video conferencing they will now have a system that is easy to use with a great quality for Teams meeting. And compared to other video conferencing systems most of the MTR devices are cheap.

There is always possible for you to request new features for Teams and MTR at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com. Microsoft monitors this site and when requests get many votes and Microsoft thinks it is a good idea they will implement it.

Yeah, that is what I've found. I was hoping there was a trick though. I'm going to try and bypass some of the login scripting to see if I can't open it up, but I'm not hopeful and it will get relegated to a side project which means, unless I want to work on it on my time I won't work on it. I will definitely fill out the user story on this though. Thanks. I'm going to leave this open in case someone has already figured out how to break it, or, in the hopes that I can figure it out.