SharePoint Online Custom Site Template - with Content

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am looking for some instructions on how to provision a custom SharePoint site template using an existing site as a sample. Besides the generic list and libraries, it includes following web parts, image, text, person, links and events. The template should also include meta data for the list and libraries and certain sample documents and predefined list items. I know there are lot of information on the web, however it does not give the full picture. Does anyone know of any resource/links/sites that i can use to achieve this.

thank you for your feedback.

AJ

1 Reply

@Ajay Mandal 

Check this Microsoft official documentation for creating custom SharePoint site templates: Get started creating site templates and site scripts 

Few of the resources/requirements you mentioned might not be supported using the custom site templates. Check this documentation for supported actions/verbs in custom site templates: Site template JSON schema 

Also check this if it helps to create site templates based on PnP Provisioning engine and XML schema:

1. Introducing the PnP provisioning engine 
  2. Calling the PnP provisioning engine from a site script  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.