SOLVED

SharePoint New Admin Center (Unable to create site)

Iron Contributor

Hi All,

I tried to use modern admin center for SharePoint but the system mentioned that the tenant admin has not enabled Unified Group creation. I am SharePoint administrator but I am not Office 365 Global Admin.

Please advice.

Thanks.

image.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
You will need to contact your O365 admin to enable creation of groups as team sites are currently connected to O365 groups. This must have been disabled as by default it is turned on.
There are changes coming to site creation so you can create a standalone Team Site or Communication site that are not attached to groups if your intent was to only have a site and no associated mailbox, calendar, planner etc
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
You will need to contact your O365 admin to enable creation of groups as team sites are currently connected to O365 groups. This must have been disabled as by default it is turned on.
There are changes coming to site creation so you can create a standalone Team Site or Communication site that are not attached to groups if your intent was to only have a site and no associated mailbox, calendar, planner etc

View solution in original post