Sharepoint Mobile Browser Support

Copper Contributor

Dear Sharepoint experts,

I am currently considering releasing the ideal mobile browser for Sharepoint 2019 for our Android mobile devices. But I can't find any clear information, which mobile browser fits perfect for Sharepoint 2019.

I have only found this official Document from Microsoft:

Plan browser support in SharePoint Servers 2016 and 2019 - SharePoint Server | Microsoft Learn
See:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/install/browser-support-planning-2016-2019#mobile-brows...

I found only the message about Mobile browser support:

SharePoint Server 2016 supports the following versions:

Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows Phone 8.1 or later.

Latest version of Chrome on Android 4.4 or later.

Latest versions of Safari and Chrome on iOS 8 or later.

For SharePoint Server 2019, Chrome or Safari on iOS10 or later

I´m a little bit confused about Sharepoint Server 2019 and Android, der is no information, i´m right?

I am also surprised that Microsoft Edge for Android is not even mentioned.
Does anyone have further information about supported Android browsers in connection with Sharepoint Server 2019?

Best

Marc

2 Replies

Hi @Marci0815,

The available information regarding SharePoint Server 2019 and Android mobile device compatibility from Microsoft is limited. According to the documentation you found, SharePoint Server 2019 officially supports Chrome on Android 4.4 or later.

Although Microsoft Edge for Android is not explicitly mentioned, it's worth considering that Microsoft Edge is built on the Chromium engine, similar to Google Chrome. This suggests that SharePoint Server 2019 might also work well with Microsoft Edge on Android. Without official confirmation from Microsoft, I can't provide you with a definitive anwer.

To obtain more specific information about the Android browsers supported by SharePoint Server 2019, I recommend reaching out to official Microsoft support.

If my answer helped you, you can click on Mark as best response

Kindest regards

Leon

Hi Leon,
thank you for your engagament :)
After I found not other related information about mobile browser support I look forward and found additional for Microsoft Sharepoint Server Subscription Edition: (Sharepoint Server SE)

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/install/browser-support-planning-subscription-edition

Mobile browser support

SharePoint Server Subscription Edition supports the following versions:

Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows Phone 8.1 or later.
Latest version of Microsoft Edge or Chrome on Android 4.4 or later.
Microsoft Edge, Chrome or Safari on iOS10 or later

Here, too, everything is formulated somewhat vaguely, but at least one can assume that Chrome and Microsoft Edge are likely to have rather fewer problems with Sharepoint :)