SOLVED

Resize Twitter web part

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

1. Can the Twitter webpart be resized to fit all tweets eliminating the need for the scrollbar?

2. Does the toggle button to show all tweets bypass the Max number of tweets setting?

twitter.PNG

Thanks!

3 Replies
best response confirmed by RichardFlorida (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RichardFlorida 

1. I don't think you will be able to remove the scroll bar and resize web part to fit all tweets
  2. Yes - Show all Tweets toggle button shows all tweets bypassing the Maximum number of tweets setting

Also, as of June 30, 2023 twitter web part in SharePoint is not working because Twitter changed its terms of use for third-party access.

You can find more information about it at: Twitter web part display in SharePoint is empty 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you @ganeshsanap for the info provided.

Hello, Regarding your queries:

1. The Twitter webpart's size is fixed and primarily determined by the layout constraints set by Twitter itself. Unfortunately, adjusting its size to fit all tweets without a scrollbar may not be directly feasible due to the limitations imposed by the platform. However, you can try customizing the display options within the webpart settings to optimize the view, but eliminating the scrollbar entirely might not be achievable.

2. The toggle button to show all tweets typically respects the maximum number of tweets setting. It allows users to toggle between displaying a limited number of tweets and showing all available tweets within the defined maximum limit. While it offers enhanced visibility, it remains within the boundaries set by the maximum tweet count parameter.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by RichardFlorida (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RichardFlorida 

1. I don't think you will be able to remove the scroll bar and resize web part to fit all tweets
  2. Yes - Show all Tweets toggle button shows all tweets bypassing the Maximum number of tweets setting

Also, as of June 30, 2023 twitter web part in SharePoint is not working because Twitter changed its terms of use for third-party access.

You can find more information about it at: Twitter web part display in SharePoint is empty 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post