SOLVED

Organization News

Brass Contributor

Once the new Organization News functionality rolls out to my tenant where I can set a site to be an "official" or "authoritative" site for my organization news, will it be possible to have more than one?

6 Replies

Hi @Rich Koneval,

See the Use the News web part on a SharePoint page for more information. Specifically the News sources and Organization news sections.

I hope this helps.

Norm

@Norman Young 

I did read that article but it didn't really answer my question. So in there example they have they have new coming from the News@Contoso which is set as the authoritative news site. My question is can you two to be authoritative news site like Corparate@Contoso and Department@Contoso?

best response confirmed by Rich Koneval (Brass Contributor)
Solution

It is inferred via Get-SPOOrgNewsSite - "Lists URLs of all the configured organizational news sites."

Hi, I'm trying to research to see what other people are doing as a News approval process? So if a department creates a news article on their communications site and then wants it to be marked as Corporate news, what approval process can they use to get Corporate Communications to include their news article? I know hub site news rolls up automatically, but I'm looking for a process where users can submit their news to Corporate Comms for approval to show as corporate news. Corporate Coms want to approve it first not just an auto rollup. I see anyone can share the news article as a link in an email, and you can add a News link to a site. Do most people just have their staff email a link to their news article, and then Corporate Comms jumps on their official site and adds the users request as a News Link if they choose to approve it? Or is there a Flow for this? I'm just looking for best practices. Thanks

Hi @Sandy_vallee,

Great use case.

At my work, news approvals are handled outside of SharePoint.

Without making other sites official news sources you will need custom process and solution. One approach could be:

1. Turn on page approvals in the primary site
  2. Allow select users into the Corp Comms site to duplicate their news articles

Down side, duplicating the news article.

Another approach could be :

1. Turn on page approvals in the primary site
  2. Copy news article Site Page to the primary site
  3. Corp Comms approves/rejects

I'm not certain if the copy site page will launch the approval Flow and should be tested. As far as I know, there is no Site Page copy in Flow and something would need to be created (i.e. PowerShell).

Let us know what you come up with. I'm happy to help further if interested.

I hope this helps.

Norm

Thanks for these ideas I'll have to play and test.=) I think so far I like the manual email your news article and then Comms adds it to the official site as a news link, that way at least the article is not copied and if the original writer makes any updates there doesn't have to be a lot of back and forth. But I have to test it and see if a news link still gets flagged with the official news marker. I'm waiting to try running the make a site homesite command and then official news command and then I'll play from there. Thanks again for the response =)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rich Koneval (Brass Contributor)
Solution

It is inferred via Get-SPOOrgNewsSite - "Lists URLs of all the configured organizational news sites."

View solution in original post