SOLVED

Is it possible to show one list on two different pages based on a View?

Copper Contributor

Let's say I have a list used for issue tracking. One page shows that list, and every entry is visible where column "Status" is NOT equal to "Complete." That would be like the "working" list.

On a different page the exact same list is shown, but only items where that same column IS equal to "Complete" are visible.

Am I dreaming, or is this possible?

4 Replies
I think I figured it out. Making a web part that connects to the list on another page seems to do the trick, and I can specify the View I want it to stick to.

The only issue I am having with this solution is it shows the title of the list as well, which is a bit confusing. I don't see a way to cover or hide that.

to create two different views of the same issue tracking list based on the “Status” column. You can certainly achieve this using SharePoint and Power Apps. Working List (Active Issues): Create a SharePoint list (e.g., “Issue Tracking”) based on the out-of-the-box SharePoint app template for issue tracking. Add sample issue items to the list, ensuring that some are marked as “Active” and others as “Closed.” Share the list with the relevant users (e.g., Kenny Smith). In Power Apps, select Integrate -> Power Apps -> Create an app from the list page. Inside the app studio, you’ll see all the issues listed. To filter and show only active issues, update the formula for the default Items property of the items gallery (usually named BrowseGallery1): SortByColumns( Filter('Issue Tracking', 'Issue Status'.Value = "Active", StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending) ) This formula filters the list items based on the “Issue Status” column, showing only those with a status of “Active.” Closed Issues List: Create another page or view in SharePoint (e.g., “Closed Issues”). On this page, display the same “Issue Tracking” list, but this time filter it to show only items where the “Status” column is “Complete” or “Closed.” You can achieve this by customizing the view settings in SharePoint directly. By following these steps, you’ll have two separate views of the same issue tracking list: one showing active issues and the other showing closed issues. Users can easily navigate between these views based on their needs.

best response confirmed by DarylMarkK (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You figured it out! Make a different view of the list and on the second page, add the Lists web part and select the desired view. To change the title, just type over what you see in the List web part. You can't leave it blank, but you can change it to whatever value you want.
Yeah, duh (on me)! I didn't even try to type over the title, but as soon as I read your post realized I could rename it to anything I want, and it has no effect on the original list name.

Thank you all!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DarylMarkK (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You figured it out! Make a different view of the list and on the second page, add the Lists web part and select the desired view. To change the title, just type over what you see in the List web part. You can't leave it blank, but you can change it to whatever value you want.

View solution in original post