How to show over 20000 records in a combo box field in PowerApps form

Brass Contributor

Hello All,

I have two SharePoint lists.

1-Contract List

IDContract Name(Text filed)Customer Name(Text filed)

There are more fields/columns but I just display here 2 columns.

2-Cusomers List

IDCustomer Name(Text filed)
1Dell
2HP
3IBM
4Microsoft
.....over 200.000 customers

Customer List has over 20.0000 items/customers.

I want to create a Power App form for the Contract List. 

The form will be including:

• Contract Name
  • Customer Name
  • so on...

I added two SharePoint lists into PowerApps.

I changed the data row limit from 500 to 2000 in the PowerApps(Settings>General>Data Row limit

I created a form and added data fields. 

I connected the value of the Customer Name from Contract list to Customer list's Customer name filed.

It gives me 2000 items.

However, I want to show/display all records(over 20.000) in the combo box. I know there is a delegation issue but not sure how to get around it and solve it.

Eventually, I want users to be able to search in the combo box to find any customers within 20.000 records and select a customer and then fill up the rest of the form and then submit the data back into SharePoint contract list.

I guess there is a way around to manipulate it with delegation. But I do not know how to do it.

I would appreciate if someone could help me out on this case.

Thanks

9 Replies

@Naligurtan Try using formula like below for items property of combo box control: 

Filter(
	CustomersList,
	IsBlankOrError(Self.SearchText) || Self.SearchText in CustomerName
)

Use SharePoint list and column names correctly as per your list setup.

By default this will show 2000 records. But, when user will search in the combo box search input, it will show relevant records based on search text. 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thanks @ganeshsanap 

It did not work.
It is not possible to search. I only can use the dropdown selection and it shows empty scrolling down fields.

What I need is: the combo box should be searchable. When users search a customer name, they can find it and select it as a value for that filed. Then at the submit, this value should be saved back into SharePoint list.

@Naligurtan Try this formula once for combo box control: 

Filter(
	CustomersList,
	IsBlankOrError(Self.SearchText) || StartsWith(CustomerName, Self.SearchText)
)

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@Naligurtan in Power Apps a combo box has a maximum of 500 items.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP Global (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Hi @ganeshsanap,

It still shows empty scrolling space. Not possible to search and also cannot see any customers.

Hi @Rob_Elliott ,

I changed the data row limit from 500 to 2000 in the PowerApps(Settings>General>Data

@Naligurtan 

Can you share the screenshot if possible? What is the formula used for DisplayFields and SearchFields property of combo box control?

You can enable searching for combo box using it's properties and set above mentioned properties to your customer name column.

@Naligurtan changing the data row limit has no effect on how the combo box performs. Unless you use search a combo box is hard-coded to display a maximum of 500 items.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP Global (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Hi @ganeshsanap,

Would you please be able to take me through step by step only for Customer Name filed?

1-I have a from called Contract form.

2-I want to add Customer name filed from the Customer list into this form.

3-This combo box should be searchable.

4-The customer list has over 20.000 customers.

Thanks