SOLVED

Formatting Section View with JSON

Copper Contributor

When the list item is formatted with sections, is there a way to widen just the one column "webex" to allow for the long sequential webex link so it doesn't stretch over the next column "last column"? Setting the code to wrap the text in this instance doesn't make sense, I want the entire webex string to show and not extend into the column adjacent. 

kellyhickman14096_0-1712855234080.png

I have my JSON set to this code:

kellyhickman14096_2-1712855423017.png

4 Replies

@ganeshsanap Hello, you were so helpful in a past post for me, would you have any ideas on this issue? Thank you!

best response confirmed by kellyhickman14096 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@kellyhickman14096 You can try adding one more section in the body JSON and add webex column in the last section. You can keep the displayname of last section to "".

Example

{
  "sections": [
    {
      //give a display name for the section
      "displayname": "Administration",
      "fields": [
        //reference your fields here using their display name
        "Title"
      ]
    },
    {
      "displayname": "",
        //reference webex field here using the display name
        "webex"
      ]
    }
  ]
}

DocumentationSharePoint - Configure custom body with one or more sections 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

Thank you this worked brilliantly, may I ask a followup question, any idea if there's a way to get rid of the apparent default section line? So it doesn't look like a separate section when moving the "webex" column? I'm guessing no, but thought I'd ask.

kellyhickman14096_0-1713191728542.png

@kellyhickman14096 

You are right. Currently it is not possible to remove the default section line using SharePoint JSON formatting.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by kellyhickman14096 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@kellyhickman14096 You can try adding one more section in the body JSON and add webex column in the last section. You can keep the displayname of last section to "".

Example

{
  "sections": [
    {
      "displayname": "Administration",
        //reference your fields here using their display name
        "Title"
      ]
    },
    {
      "displayname": "",
        //reference webex field here using the display name
        "webex"
      ]
    }
  ]
}

DocumentationSharePoint - Configure custom body with one or more sections 

View solution in original post