SOLVED

Customize with PowerApps

Copper Contributor

We're trying to surface the "Customize with PowerApps" for SharePoint online lists. I assume it's GA now, but we're having a hard time finding how to activate it for our tenant.

15 Replies
There is nothing you can do to activate it, PowerApps integration in lists is a buitin feature that is for now available only in custom lists
Thanks Juan. Then how do we get the button to show up on custom lists?

no answer?

Ah, sorry for the delay,...the PowerApps action should appear by default in your custom lists...can you share a screenshot of what you have now?

PastedGraphic-1.png

Any updates?

The only option I'm getting is to create an app. What I actually want to do is customize the form in Sharepoint using PowerApps. Is this not available yet?
Screenshot PowerApps.PNG

Hi, did you ever get this working in the end? I am seeing the same thing with custom lists in two tenants. 

You can't edit the OOTB forms. 

When you create a new PowerApp from SharePoint you will get 3 default views, browse, edit & details, mapped to your list. But they will not replace the current list view eg AllItems.aspx, you can however create a new page and add your new PowerApp to the page using the contentembedded webpart. 

We're talking about the new feature in SharePoint.

It allows us to create custom forms for SharePoint list using PowerApps.

You can check the announcement here: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-and-sharepoint-the-next-wave-of-creating-and-ru...

Ah yes, and as you can see directly from the page you linked: 

"PowerApps can be embedded as SharePoint Online web parts. You will be able to browse and embed PowerApps in SharePoint. You can get started today by using the Content Embed web part outlined in this post. We will be rolling out more enhancements to this experience going forward."

A not so wild guess would be that they will start rolling it out around Ignite, but that is only a guess :) 

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000239 EndHTML:000003777 StartFragment:000001987 EndFragment:000003745 StartSelection:000001987 EndSelection:000003741 SourceURL:https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/PowerAppFlow

Hi

I've been hunting for the release date of the new PowerApp SharePointForm Web Part.

Today the following appreared under SharePoint - List Settings - Form Settings

Form Options
Use Microsoft PowerApps to customize the forms for this list. You can modify the form layout, add pictures and formatted text, add custom data validation, create additional views, and add rules.

Does anyone know when the Web Part to insert the forms into SharePoint site pages will be available?

They just annonced that it will be available in October 

2017-09-25 20_35_46-Microsoft Ignite _ Orlando, FL _ September 25-29, 2017.png

best response confirmed by Jonathan Thomas (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Thanks for the link @Ari Gunawan. Unfortunately, we're not on First Release as a tenant. So I'll just have to wait. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jonathan Thomas (Copper Contributor)
Solution