SOLVED

custom navigation panel for specific pages

Copper Contributor

Currently my department has an internal sharepoint site. We want to create a few public facing pages where anybody in our organization can can read access. 

But, when creating the new pages, the navigation bar inherits the pages to our sharepoint.

I want to either customize the pages to only have the navigations between the 3-4 pages that i'll be making, or hide it altogether.

I can bypass it all and just request a whole new site; just IMO traffic would be low and I feel it would be a waste of resources.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by nerdyplayer (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Well a Page will always inherite due to it being on that page and in that context.
You can do audiance targeting on the navigation and only the people that's part of a specific group can see that navigation. But it will be easier for you to create a new site

What kind of page and content is it ?

@nerdyplayer 

If you want to use the same SharePoint site and show navigation links dynamically, use audience targeting on navigation links as suggested by @NicolasKheirallah.

Here is the Microsoft documentation with detailed information and steps to achieve same: SharePoint Online: Target navigation, news, files, links, and web parts to specific audiences 

Note: Azure AD groups (including security groups, Microsoft 365 groups, and AAD dynamic groups) are supported for audience targeting but not the SharePoint groups.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

thanks, review what ganes sent, better to do a new site.

It's a site for ethics week later in the year. We only had heavy traffic for a week, then after that traffic dies off.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nerdyplayer (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Well a Page will always inherite due to it being on that page and in that context.
You can do audiance targeting on the navigation and only the people that's part of a specific group can see that navigation. But it will be easier for you to create a new site

What kind of page and content is it ?

View solution in original post