SOLVED

Audience targeting in Quick Links web part doesn't work

Copper Contributor

I'm using Quick Links web parts with audiences. The audiences are setted with azure security groups but when I assing an audience to a quick link no one can see it, it dissapear even for me the owner site (the link is other page under the same share point site). Is this a bug?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by StandardIO (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@StandardIO 

1. User should be "Member" of Azure AD security group to see the link ("Owner" of group might not work).
  2. Note, if you’ve selected an audience group that you recently created or changed, it may take some time to see targeting applied for that group.

Related read

1. Audience Targeting for Quick Links Web Part in SharePoint Online 
  2. Target content to a specific audience on a SharePoint site 
  3. Use the Quick Links web part 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Yes, that was the problem I had to wait but I don't shure how much time but it got update until the next day so I had to wait a few hours at least.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by StandardIO (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@StandardIO 

1. User should be "Member" of Azure AD security group to see the link ("Owner" of group might not work).
  2. Note, if you’ve selected an audience group that you recently created or changed, it may take some time to see targeting applied for that group.

Related read

1. Audience Targeting for Quick Links Web Part in SharePoint Online 
  2. Target content to a specific audience on a SharePoint site 
  3. Use the Quick Links web part 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post