SOLVED

Archives for old documents

Brass Contributor

I'm working on a project to move an entire filer (network shares) on to SharePoint. A question was raised, on the possibility to identify old documents (eg. documents not opened or modified in the last X months), then archive them automatically (or after approval). I found this post about archiving articles : https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/New-to-SP-and-trying-to-archive-news/m-p/357899

Is there a similar functionality for files without the need to go on each files to tag them in a column ?

Thanks

2 Replies
No, there is not so you have to follow a similar workaround to the one described in that thread
best response confirmed by Stephane KLOIS (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Stephane KLOIS,

You could create a Flow that identifies inactive files and initiates an approval workflow and then archival action.

Some of the Flow items you will be interested in are: "Get past time", "Get files (properties only)", "Approval" and "Move file".

This might be a feasible no-code approach to archiving inactive documents but at scale I wouldn't want to maintain all of these Flows.

I hope this helps.

Norm

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Stephane KLOIS (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Stephane KLOIS,

You could create a Flow that identifies inactive files and initiates an approval workflow and then archival action.

Some of the Flow items you will be interested in are: "Get past time", "Get files (properties only)", "Approval" and "Move file".

This might be a feasible no-code approach to archiving inactive documents but at scale I wouldn't want to maintain all of these Flows.

I hope this helps.

Norm

View solution in original post