Quarterly Report

Copper Contributor

Hey All,

I'm trying to create a function that will allow me to create some quarterly reports.  I'm currently attempting to create a custom field with a function that will report whether that task finishes between X and X date.  Or it could be represented as greater than X date but less than X date.  Then I would create a filter for those tasks alone, and use that filter to create the quarterly report.  However, I can't find how to insert custom date functions.  I thought perhaps Date()?  I've attached a screenshot of the direction I've been heading, which is obviously incorrect.  I would sincerely appreciate any insight.  Thanks!

3 Replies

@ralphobarly 

Project already has a Date Range filter. Try that, no need to re-invent the wheel (unless it's the wrong size wheel).

John

Thanks. I think I know what you're talking about. Are you referencing using if date greater than, and, less than, in custom filter settings? I just tried that, and it seems to work. Thanks! I've filtered the tasks and my report is reporting each task cost individually. Is there an easy way for it to report the sum of that filter? Thanks so much again!

@ralphobarly 

One way to show summed up cost is to set a Flag field (e.g. Flag1) for all non-summary tasks in your plan. Apply the Date Range filter and then group on the Flag field. The group summary will show the summed up cost for the filtered tasks.

John