Project Online - Baseline Start and Finish fields are "blank" in the Project Center dashboard

Copper Contributor

We added 2 columns to the Summary view in Project Center, to show the Baseline Start and Baseline Finish fields. However, both columns in the Project Center are "blank" (empty) for all the projects, although the Baseline has been created for all the projects and the Baseline Start and Finish data is available and shown in each of the projects schedule.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

5 Replies
Pazfer --

How exactly did you baseline each project (exact steps please)? And did you publish the latest changes to each project after you saved the baseline? Let us know and we will try to help you. Thanks!

@Dale Howard I will tell you the steps I followed to set the baseline but that is not the problem because the baseline dates are actually created/set in all the Project Schedules, However, for some reason it looks like the fields of "Baseline Start" and "Baseline Finish" dates in the Project Center dashboard are not retrieving the data from the Project Schedules.

This is the process I followed to create the baselines.  I did it in Project Professional (Desktop), Click the "Project" tab, then click "Set Baseline" in the Schedule group, then click "Set Baseline" in the drop down options (the other option is "Clear Baseline" which I did not select), then click "Ok" in the next box keeping the selected options: "Set baseline" and For "Entire project".

Once the baseline was created, I saved and published the changes for each project.

Then I went to Project Online and confirmed all the projects have the Baseline dates populated in each of the Project Schedules, however the Baseline Start and Baseline Finish dates do not show in the Project Center dashboard view that I created (the columns are "blank").

Let me know if more information is needed to troubleshoot this.

Thank you

Pazfer --

Thanks for sharing the steps you have used to baseline the project. I just baselined an existing project and then published it. The Baseline Start and Baseline Finish field values DO show up when I apply the Variance view in the Project Center page. When you change other data in your projects, do you see the updated data in the Project Center page? Is it only the Baseline dates that are missing? Let us know and we will try to help you.
Thanks for the reply and assistance.
Jus to clarify what the problem is. The Baseline Start and Baseline Finish values DO show up when I am at the Project Schedule view, for all my projects. I am good with that.
However, when I am at Dashboard level (with all the projects in the view) the columns for the Baseline Start and Baseline Finish are "blank". And Ttese are the only values that I am missing at Dashboard level; all the other data are being updated without problems.
Thanks again
An update on this problem. It is resolved, I re-set the Baseline again overwriting the existing one, and all the Baseline Start and Finish dates showed up in the Project Center dashboard.