SOLVED

MS Project custom fields on Dataverse

Copper Contributor

I'm working on project for the web + Project accelerator (model driven).

My mpp file has some custom fields such as: custom_1 , custom_2,...
After importing that mpp to Project Accelerator, where / I tried to look for those custom fields on the projecttask table (Dataverse) but no result.

Do you have any solutions ?

Thanks
=======
Update:
For better explain, I have a project on P4W, I create some custom fields (free text). Will those field be written on Dataverse's tables ? How can i get those fields to build some further solutions / features in Project Accelarator ? 

8 Replies
cuonglt0105 --

When you import a Microsoft Project (*.mpp) file into Project for the Web, there are a number of features that are stripped from the *.mpp file. One of those features is custom fields. You will need to recreate those fields and populate the data in your projects. Sorry, but hope this helps.
Thanks Dale but maybe you mis-understanded my question. For example, I have a project on P4W, I create some custom fields (free text). Will those field be written on Dataverse's tables ? How can i get those fields to build some further solutions / features in Project Accelarator ?
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

Hello @cuonglt0105 ,

Custom fields added in to the task in Project for the web are not available in the Dataverse tables.

Paul

@Paul Mather 

Do we have any API to get it?

Unfortunately not @daibt 

@Paul Mather 

Do you have any solutions that helps me to get information in custom field in Project for the Web and update it into Accelerator?

@daibt 

Please use "Copy Project" feature while creating new project. And for this, open a project having custom field and click on "Copy Project", it may take some to create new project and then check your custom field appearing in Grid view of Task tab.

Do let me know if it helps you.

@Paul Mather Hi Paul, is there any update on this? Do you know if there are plans to make the Project for the Web custom fields available in Dataverse? Thank for any hint!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

Hello @cuonglt0105 ,

Custom fields added in to the task in Project for the web are not available in the Dataverse tables.

Paul

View solution in original post