Custom Field - Display on Task & Resources

Copper Contributor

I want to create a custom field that will appear on the Task Sheet & Resource Usage views.

When I create a custom field, it only gives me an option to select Task or Resource, not both.

I want to associate each task with a group name, so I can easily see which tasks are related on the Task Sheet & Resource Usage views.

3 Replies

@KDash1228 

You have two choices. Take a look at the Resource Group field. It is one of the few fields that can appear in both task and resource views. On the Task Sheet it will be called the Resource field

2023-03-14_08-34-28.png

And on the Resource Usage view it will be called the Group field.

2023-03-14_08-41-58.png

But it that won't work for you, you're looking at some VBA to "cross-over" a Text field. See this Wiki article:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32051.ms-project-extra-fields-in-views.a...

John

@John-projectThank you! The macro seems like that may be the best option for what I am looking for.

Since I have sub-tasks/, I am running into a problem when I run the macro.

This is what I want the went result to look like. I want to update the 2nd Outline level not the 1st Outline level. If this is not possible, I have another plan for formatting the document to get what I need.

Task Usage (1).PNG

This is what the macro in the documentation wants to do. It will update the 2nd Outline Children to match the 1st Outline Children row.

Task Usage3.PNG

KDash1228,
First of all, yes, it is possible to get what you want with VBA. However, without more detail about your file, exactly what you want, and the macro you have, we'll waste a lot of time going back and forth on the forum. It would be a lot easier if you could contact me directly and send your Project file with the code you have. I will ask some questions.
John
jmacprojataticlouddotdotcom
(remove obvious redundancies)