You don't have a permissions to view data of all coporate resources for this project

Copper Contributor

Hello, community!

We are using Project Online + Project Desktop.

I have a PM with permissions given through standard "Project Manager" group.

When PM opens project in desktop application, he receives the message "You don't have a permissions to view data of all coporate resources for this project" (I hope it is correct translation to English), but project file opens without other issues.

When PM opens Visual Resoures Optimization tab, he cannot see other tasks of project team members, just tasks of this particular projects.

So, we cannot plan tasks correctly because we do not see when team members are busy with tasks on other projects.

Can you please advise what permission (or set of permissions) must be turned to "Allow" to make PM able to see his team tasks in other projects?

1 Reply
IlyaAdadurov --

Your Project Online administrator will need to do the following:

1. Log into Project Web App with Administrator permissions.
2. Navigate to the PWA Settings page.
3. In the Security section at the bottom of the page, click the Manage Groups item.
4. On the Manage Groups page, click the Project Managers group to open it for editing.
5. On the Add or Edit Group page for the Project Managers group, select the My Organization category in the Selected Categories list on the right side of the Categories section of the page.
6. In the Permissions for My Organization data grid, select the Allow checkbox for the following items:

-- Open Project
-- View Project Schedule in Project Web App
-- View Project Summary in Project Center

7. Click the Save button to save these changes.

Your problem is caused by the fact that members of the Project Managers group can only see THEIR OWN projects by default. By changing the permissions in step #6 above, it will give your PMs the rights to view (but not edit) the projects that belong to every other PM. Hope this helps.