Copy Project Columns and Copy Project Task Columns views not copying custom columns in P4W

Brass Contributor

I am using Microsoft  project for the web as project management solution for my customer. I am trying to automate project operations by creating template from existing projects in project for the web as per https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/project-operations/project-management/dev-copy-project...

However it is not copying values in custom columns created in project and project task entity in dataverse. I have added these columns in Copy Project Columns and Copy Project Task Columns views but still not working. Need help! 

3 Replies
The custom columns in Project for the web are local to the project and they are not enterprise custom Colum, a column created in a project is local to the project and the data stored within the column is not accessible for reporting so you can assume are not accessible to other tools like flow or third party ..etc

@malshayeb I have custom columns created from data verse entities Project and Project Task and not from project for the web UI. As per article in link in my original post , it says “When the action is called, Copy Project looks at the Copy Project Columns project view to determine which fields to copy when the project is copied”.

sorry i missed that, i just double checked what you had there and its related to Dynamics project operations, you might bet better answers if you post the question in a project operations form