Conditional Formatting for MS Project 365

Copper Contributor

I know MSP does not have conditional formatting available but i have seen some VBA code that others have done but doesn't fit my needs and im not a VBA programmer.

I have an enterprise field (schedule not on PO located in Sharepoint, not my choice) which has a lookup with 3 options.

• Tapped 
  • In Progress 
  • Completed 

I need to be able to highlight the entire row depending on the value in the lookup.

for example: 

• Tapped - lightest orange
  • In Progress - lightest blue
  • Completed - lightest green

does anyone have some code that could help.  the name of the custom field is Tapping Status1

Please help we are doing a large deployment and the cutover schedule is really large and being able to quickly identify the status of each task quickly is imperative 

5 Replies
KrysM380,
Yeah, I can probably help. Where did you see the VBA code?

It will be easier if I can actually see your Project file. Are you able to share it with me? If so, my contact address is below. I will ask some questions.
John
jmacprojataticlouddotdotcom
(remove obvious redundancies)

@John-project 

John sorry cant share the file it is classified and 7800 lines 

KrysM380_2-1656019672988.png

This is a snapshot as you can see the the Column Tapping Status 1 has a lookup field comprising 3 entries "In Progress" Tapping Sent" and "Completed".  when I select tapping sent i want the whole row to be shaded in orange and if i select complete the row changes to green and the same for In Progress 

I dont remember where i saw the vba code i was searching the internet for hours.

are you able to assist.

thanks 

Krys

Krys,
I asked about where you saw the VBA code since it's quite likely I wrote it for another user. At any rate I can still help you. However, there is no "Tapping Status" field so I'm guessing it's an extra field (e.g. Text1) that you renamed but in order to write a macro, I need to know which field it is.

When you say "shaded" in a particular color I assume you mean the task row's cell background color.

I may have more questions, but answers to the above should get it started.

By the way, are you available over the weekend? That's when I do this kind of stuff. Even if you can't directly share the file, communicating via e-mail is generally easier and more convenient.

One other curious observation, if your file is classified, is the client/customer going to allow a macro you get from someone on the internet to be run on the file?
John

John

sorry i worked all weekend. my email address is email address removed for privacy reasons

There is no client/customer as such this is a deployment cutover schedule for a major release covering 15 functionalities.
The whole role needs to be shaded based on the tapping status (text 3) custom field
KrysM380,
Hey, we both worked all weekend, nothing new there.

Please contact me at the address below, then we'll go from there.
John
Jmacprojataticlouddotdotcom
(remove obvious redundancies)