SOLVED

Cannot assign resources to project tasks in Project Server 2019

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I just installed an out-of-the-box Project Server on Sharepoint 2019 and modified the PWA to use project permissions. I added the resources from the AD sync method and the resources are now active in the resource center. However, when I try to assign the resources to the task, I cannot and the Resource Name column is greyed out. Any idea how it can be achieved? I am the member of Project Managers group and have added the resources in the Team Members group. The categories permissions are standard out of the box.

noorulahmed_0-1696230125142.png

Thanks,

Noorul Ahmed

2 Replies
best response confirmed by noorulahmed (Copper Contributor)
Solution
noorulahmed --

Did you build a team for the project using enterprise resources? That is the first step before you can assign resources to tasks. Also, I would strong recommend that you manage your projects using the Project Online Professional app (aka Microsoft Project desktop app) which will need to be connected to your Project Server instance. Using the desktop app to manage your projects will give you way more functionality and way more control over your projects. Just a thought. Hope this helps.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The enterprise resource section got hidden due to my screen layout. Now, after adding resources for my project, I am able to assign resources. Currently we don't have the desktop app due to security requirements but I would definitely request it from our system admins.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by noorulahmed (Copper Contributor)
Solution
noorulahmed --

Did you build a team for the project using enterprise resources? That is the first step before you can assign resources to tasks. Also, I would strong recommend that you manage your projects using the Project Online Professional app (aka Microsoft Project desktop app) which will need to be connected to your Project Server instance. Using the desktop app to manage your projects will give you way more functionality and way more control over your projects. Just a thought. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post