Spam / Junk emails.

Copper Contributor

Can someone please enlighten me as to why all of a sudden I am getting 110+ junk emails coming to my inbox. I have tightest filter on and top security installed. I delete each one every morning and mark as phishing and junk and also block them. They are back again within a couple of hours. The only thing they have in common is the address that comes up when I block them.

20230606_092803.jpg

 Can one of the many technically minded people out there tell me what the hell is going on or is it just time to give in and start over with a new email address ?.

8 Replies
do you have SPF,DKIM and DMARC configured for your domain in MDO365 ?
I have no idea what they are. I only have a very basic knowledge of computers , sorry.

@Mickyb181  

The Outlook.com Spam Fighters program - Microsoft Support

Have you tried contacting Microsoft Support? Block senders or mark email as junk in Outlook.com - Microsoft Support 

Analyze this step:

"

This will block everyone except those in your Safe senders list. Remember to include everyone you want to hear from.

Open your Safe senders and domains and select Add.

Type the email addresses or domains of your contacts and other people you want to add, and press Enter.

Under Filters, select from:

Only trust email from addresses in my Safe senders and domains list and Safe mailing lists

Block attachments, pictures, and links from anyone not in my Safe senders and domains list

Select Save."

Yes they were unresponsive to my enquiries.

@Mickyb181 

Same issue here, I use live,com and also have my filters set so anything incoming that isn't in my allowed list goes to spam but the majority this week land in my inbox, it was the same a few weeks ago.

@Gareth Holland 

Hi, what version of Windows is this problem in?

Are you downloading updates from the Microsoft Store?

Thank you to everybody that has tried to help. As this and similar problems have been going on for over 6 years that I can remember it is obvious , with all the updates microsoft has done in that time , they are not interested in fixing the problems.
I am beginning to wonder if they have some sort of interest in keeping the junk and spam continuing.
Anyhow I have given upon trying to fix it and will just put up with the junk emails and go in every couple of days and manually block and delete them individually. Very annoying and time consuming but nothing else seems towork.
Again thanks to everybody for the help.

@A1-A1 

Windows 11 pro, all updated. App store does regular updates as well.