Outlook Search not showing Recent Emails (December-2021)

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

The outlook search option stopped working properly after WIndows10 update.

The issue has happened after installing a security update from Windows (December 14, 2021—KB5008212).

I had tried re-building the Indexing but it was same. Once the issue started I had searched for the solutions and finally found that recent Windows update has created the issue. I had uninstalled that particular update and the search issue was fixed.

So let us know when the fix will be available for this bug?

KB5008212 Update- Uninstall.jpg

381 Replies
@Gabe Bratton
Any new on when update KB5011563 will be rolled out
I apologize for the delay. I'm not sure why the update is not out yet. I am checking with Windows and will report back shortly.

We are still looking for KB5011563. As soon as the update is out, I would expect it to show here, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/windows11-release-information#windows-11-rel....

Hi all,

I apologize for the delay.  Windows let me know that they pushed back the release date for Windows 11 update KB5011563 to 3/28/22 at 2PM PST.  

Hello Gabe
Much appreciated

Hello all,

I had also issues with indexing and searching in Outlook. 

Rebuilding of index didn't helped, neither troubleshooting of indexing.

But after I repaired Office suite (you can do it via "Control Panel" and "Programs & Features" or "Settings" and "Apps & Features") indexing has repaired automatically

(Indexing service started to index outlook items and search is working fine now :) ).

Have a nice day ! :)

Hello Lado
i will give this a try if the update (KB5011563) is not permanent as all previous updates since December. Thank you for your advise
Hey Gabe thanks for this

@JohanCoHas KB5011563 solved it for you?

Yesterday after updating and rebooting, it seemed to be working. All new emails where indexed on the spot. However this morning, niet. I had to close outlook, go to services, stop and restart Search for indexing newest emails to work.

@NAumond so far all is stable on window 11 office 365 update KB5011563. i have done the update 2 days ago. i will report back once a day for a week if all stays stable or not
Hello All
All still stable
hi everyone...tried this update...still doesn't work
w11+KB5011563
Hello markusvf i updated 3 days ago and mine is still stable
Windows 11
Office 365
Applied KB5011563 the day it became available. Windows 11 search indexer's "Power Usage" in Task Manager remains "Very High" or "High" 4 days later (today, April 1 - no joke). Outlook 365 search seems to find recent emails when searching only the 'current mailbox'; widening search to "all mailboxes" causes an error and returns only one email from 2018. It's possible this Outlook problem is local to a .pst file problem (scanpst finds some errors but is unable to fix any of them). Bottom Line: search within Outlook seems at least partially fixed, but system indexing is still problematic. Truth remains murky.
I updated on the 29th and mine is still stable hold thumbs as tomorrow is thee day. The fixes in the past usually worked for a week before malfunction again
Windows 11
Office 365
it is working.... it is still working!!!!!!
Hello andreasoc2350

yes Win11, office 365

Updated to latest but still unable to search properly. W11 here

Hello Karl
Just tested mine is perfect have you done your indexing
Open office
- Click on "file" (top left corner)
- "Options" (second from bottom left corner
- Outlook Options should now be open select "search" (sixth selection on your left)
-Under "Sources" on the left select "Index options"
-Select advanced at the bottom of the new window
-Now select rebuild

NOTE this takes several hours mine took 2 days to complete