Outlook Search not showing Recent Emails (December-2021)

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

The outlook search option stopped working properly after WIndows10 update.

The issue has happened after installing a security update from Windows (December 14, 2021—KB5008212).

I had tried re-building the Indexing but it was same. Once the issue started I had searched for the solutions and finally found that recent Windows update has created the issue. I had uninstalled that particular update and the search issue was fixed.

So let us know when the fix will be available for this bug?

KB5008212 Update- Uninstall.jpg

381 Replies

Thanks for helping! Search is working again. @Lado_D 

Hello All

Its been almost 3 weeks now and all search is working just fine seems like Microsoft managed to fix the issue permanently

hi@JohanCo 

It worked well for me until this morning. It wasn't indexing newest emails once again. I had to go to services, stop and restart the Search Service.

It might be a temporary error, I will keep you posted.

Hello NAumond

mine on win 11 office 365 is still working well

Good morning dear@JohanCo 

Indexing newest messages is indeed working properly since last update.

Thanks for the follow-up.

N.

Thank you, you made a great contribution over the last 6 months - did it take Microsoft that long to clean uop their own mess?
Perhaps ypou could go onto the Ebay boards and sort them out, these lasrge organisations are like oil tankers, only worse.

Cheers
Hello robmar0se

LOL Persistence, dedication and big dose of patience. i must say every body on this thread helped. But if you need help let me know.

@deLorenzzo 

I found the most bizarre workaround

That has worked on multiple PCs!

(that spontaneously started having this issue both office 2016 & 2019)

Go into the indexing options and select modify and then UNCHECK the OUTLOOK option

Close Outlook

Open Outlook

Do a search

You will immediately get the error that:              ...the search could not be completed...

And then the search will proceed to complete fully and correctly

This included a just sent email - so the index seems to update as well

after reboot indexing starting from 0 again, microsoft didnt fix it from december

Hello @Marcin_Czernik 

The indexing newest email has been solved for us, sorry to hear you still have issues with it.

Hello Guys

Last update resolved my issues like a month ago
Thank you, stopping and starting search services brought back my missing search results in seconds. Much easier than previous process of running PST repair tool and reindexing. Wish MS would fix this. I am on W11outlook 2019 ver 2204
Thank you so much for this trick, wow really good.. Keep click the rebuild button and found not userful, bit uncheck outlook, i manage to get my search back.

@ChrisEsystems  we are using windows 10, this method can work?

Thanks, this method work on windows 10 also, no more error for search could not be complete.

@VineeshKV88 

is anyone experiencing this issue again?