SOLVED

outlook No New Email notifications

Brass Contributor

hello i have windows 10 and office 2021 LTSC

when the user receive a new mail there is no envelope or notification in the right side corner 

option in outlook and in windows 10 notifications are ticked i did a quick repair of office 

no success .

what else i can check 

9 Replies
No One ???
best response confirmed by Pete_OJ (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Pete_OJ 

If you are not receiving new email notifications in Outlook, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Outlook settings: Make sure that the "Show new mail desktop alert" option is turned on in Outlook. You can check this by going to File > Options > Mail > Message arrival. Make sure that the "Display a Desktop Alert" option is checked.
  2. Check Windows 10 notifications settings: Make sure that notifications are turned on for Outlook in the Windows 10 notifications settings. You can check this by going to Start > Settings > System > Notifications & actions. Scroll down to "Get notifications from these senders" and make sure that Outlook is turned on.
  3. Check Focus Assist settings: If you have Focus Assist turned on, it may be blocking notifications from appearing. You can check this by going to Start > Settings > System > Focus Assist. Make sure that "Priority Only" or "Off" is selected.
  4. Check third-party antivirus or firewall settings: If you have third-party antivirus or firewall software installed, it may be blocking Outlook notifications from appearing. Try temporarily disabling the software to see if that resolves the issue.
  5. Repair or reinstall Office: If none of the above steps help, try repairing or reinstalling Office to see if that resolves the issue. You can do this by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features, selecting Microsoft Office from the list, and choosing "Repair" or "Uninstall/Change".

I hope these suggestions help you resolve your issues with Outlook.

Hi, when I receive a new email there is no sound to notify me or any desktop notification in the right side corner. I have ticked the boxes in the settings that say, 'Play a sound when a message arrives' and 'Send me desktop notifications' and neither of those things are happening. I have Office 365 and this has been happening for over three years now. Please advise me on how to fix this because it is very difficult to use my emails at this point.

@NikolinoDE 

hello
to make it work for me i was needed to re do the profile outlook
problme is im not able to see what I type inside the particular cell.i can see them only after I move to another cell
why i receive this to my post it's not related

@kandr135 

I understand how frustrating it can be when email notifications are not working as expected in Microsoft Office 365. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve this issue:

1. Check Sound Settings:
  1. Open Outlook in Office 365.
  2. Click on "File" in the top left corner.
  3. Select "Options."
  4. In the Outlook Options window, go to the "Mail" category.
  5. Under the "Message arrival" section, make sure that the "Play a sound" option is selected and that a sound is chosen from the dropdown menu.
  6. Click "OK" to save your changes.
  1. Check Windows Sound Settings:
  1. Ensure that your computer's sound is turned on and that the volume is set to an audible level.
  2. Test your computer's sound by playing a sound or video from another application to confirm that sound is working correctly on your system.
  1. Check Focus Assist Settings (Windows):
  1. In Windows 10 or Windows 11, there is a feature called "Focus Assist" that can suppress notifications. Check if it's enabled.
  2. Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
  3. Type "Focus Assist" in the search bar and select "Focus Assist settings."
  4. Make sure that Focus Assist is set to "Off" or "Priority only" if you want to receive notifications.
  1. Check Notification Settings in Office 365:
  1. Open Outlook in Office 365.
  2. Click on "File" in the top left corner.
  3. Select "Options."
  4. In the Outlook Options window, go to the "Advanced" category.
  5. Scroll down to the "Message handling" section.
  6. Ensure that the "Show an envelope icon in the taskbar" option is selected.
  7. Click "OK" to save your changes.
  1. Restart Outlook and Your Computer:

Sometimes, a simple restart of both Outlook and your computer can help resolve notification issues.

1. Update Office 365:

Ensure that your Office 365 installation is up to date. Microsoft regularly releases updates that may include bug fixes and improvements.

1. Recreate Outlook Profile:

If the issue persists, you can try recreating your Outlook profile. This can sometimes resolve underlying issues. Note that this will require you to set up your email accounts again.

1. Check for Third-Party Software Interference:

Third-party software, such as antivirus or firewall applications, can sometimes interfere with email notifications. Ensure that such software is not blocking Outlook.

The text and steps were edited with the help of AI.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

In my case I had to re-enable "Cached Exchange Mode" under Outlook Account settings > Data Files > Advanced (We often disable it on Compusticks and some of our NUC's to save disk space).
It seems the new email notifications don't work without the local data file cache enabled (which is a bit crap imo).

@ibscotty This fixed it for us too, however we have a terminal server environment with hundreds of people connecting, turning on cached mode even for a few weeks would increase drive space by way too much. It stinks that this has to be the work around. Microsoft is all but forcing users to go with O365 in the future, why can't they actually make it work?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Pete_OJ (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Pete_OJ 

If you are not receiving new email notifications in Outlook, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Outlook settings: Make sure that the "Show new mail desktop alert" option is turned on in Outlook. You can check this by going to File > Options > Mail > Message arrival. Make sure that the "Display a Desktop Alert" option is checked.
  2. Check Windows 10 notifications settings: Make sure that notifications are turned on for Outlook in the Windows 10 notifications settings. You can check this by going to Start > Settings > System > Notifications & actions. Scroll down to "Get notifications from these senders" and make sure that Outlook is turned on.
  3. Check Focus Assist settings: If you have Focus Assist turned on, it may be blocking notifications from appearing. You can check this by going to Start > Settings > System > Focus Assist. Make sure that "Priority Only" or "Off" is selected.
  4. Check third-party antivirus or firewall settings: If you have third-party antivirus or firewall software installed, it may be blocking Outlook notifications from appearing. Try temporarily disabling the software to see if that resolves the issue.
  5. Repair or reinstall Office: If none of the above steps help, try repairing or reinstalling Office to see if that resolves the issue. You can do this by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features, selecting Microsoft Office from the list, and choosing "Repair" or "Uninstall/Change".

I hope these suggestions help you resolve your issues with Outlook.

View solution in original post