Outlook 2019 freezing after creating default pst file

Occasional Visitor

I migrated my Outlook 2010 email folders (pst) over to a new Outlook 2019 install with 4 IMAP accounts. It was working fine, but then I created a pst file, made it the default data file, and copied my old calendar and task information into it. I closed Outlook and renamed the 4 ost data files.

On the restart I expected Outlook to create new ost files, which it did, but after 2+ hours it was still "processing". After closing it using Task Manager, I then restarted it and it appeared to open but then was not responding. I did a repair of the pst file, and now when I try to open Outlook I get the message "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannon open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\(filepath and filename).pst cannot be opened.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I have done a system restart (Windows 10) as well. I cannot even get Outlook to open where I could remove the data file.

2 Replies
You should try to repair your corrupted Outlook PST files with the help of Inbox Repair Tool. You can also try a professional software to fix PST corruption issues. I would like to suggest Kernel for Outlook PST Repair software. May be it help you.
if this method is not working you can shift to the tool you may try to use MigrateEmails it helps you to repair your corrupted Outlook PST files it provides and it will help you to repair your OST file.
https://www.migrateemails.com/ost-recovery.php