Outlook 2019 freezing after creating default pst file

Copper Contributor

I migrated my Outlook 2010 email folders (pst) over to a new Outlook 2019 install with 4 IMAP accounts. It was working fine, but then I created a pst file, made it the default data file, and copied my old calendar and task information into it. I closed Outlook and renamed the 4 ost data files.

On the restart I expected Outlook to create new ost files, which it did, but after 2+ hours it was still "processing". After closing it using Task Manager, I then restarted it and it appeared to open but then was not responding. I did a repair of the pst file, and now when I try to open Outlook I get the message "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannon open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\(filepath and filename).pst cannot be opened.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I have done a system restart (Windows 10) as well. I cannot even get Outlook to open where I could remove the data file.

1 Reply
You should try to repair your corrupted Outlook PST files with the help of Inbox Repair Tool. You can also try a professional software to fix PST corruption issues. I would like to suggest Kernel for Outlook PST Repair software. May be it help you.