New Outlook and junk

Copper Contributor

In the old Outlook, I just marked an email as Junk and never got any again.  In the new Outlook I seem to have two options 1) move the email to Junk folder or 2) report it has junk.  When I do 1) I keep getting the same emails every day and I don't want to 'report' the email because most of them come from reputable sources- retailers, etc.  Any help would be appreciated. 

2 Replies

Hi JupiaMoncton,

The issue probably isn't related to the Outlook desktop app version.

Are you using a personal Microsoft account or a Microsoft 365 work/school account?

When using a Microsoft 365 work/school account your administrator (or you) can send a submission to report the false positives or negatives to the Microsoft 365 machine learning engine. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/office-365-security/submissions-admin?view=...

@MathieuVandenHautte

This does not answer the question posed.  I also have the newest Outlook desktop version.  And there is no way to mark a message permanently as junk so that any emails from that sender automatically go to the junk folder, which is a necessary feature considering the increasing number of junk email flooding the inbox.  Why was this feature removed?

I had previously abandoned the new Outlook as I didn't like the fact that you can't touch-scroll the calendar to change the months, but I thought maybe that I could live with it and went back.

But now, due to the lack of junk mail options, I will be going back to the older version.