Interactive Email

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I want to create an email that the respondent can edit (like drop downs, radio buttons, etc) then send out themselves afterward. 

How can I do this?

Thank you

4 Replies

Hi @MPelley,

creating an interactive email with editable elements like drop-downs and radio buttons is not directly supported in traditional email clients like Outlook.

You can achieve a similar effect by using Microsoft Forms and linking to them in your email.

I recommend you to send your feature request directly to Microsoft from Outlook Desktop App by clicking on Help > Feedback

LeonPavesic_0-1704382556087.png

You can also post your feature request on Microsoft Feedback Portal:
Outlook · Community (microsoft.com)

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Can you expand on the use case a bit? Microsoft 365 does support "actionable messages", which allow for user input and dynamically displaying content. Whether this is suitable for your scenarios, I cannot tell, but check out the examples in the documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/actionable-messages/

I have a form I want people to be able to fill out. Some questions require unique answers (like name) while other lines might have a set amount of choices. Here is a small example of the form as it is currently:

MPelley_0-1704385286091.png

Actionable messages should be able to address this, but given the complexity involved, I'd go with Leon's suggestion to use a Form instead.