Enable Meeting Copy

Copper Contributor

I need to turn EnableMeetingCopy for Outlook meetings back on. How do I use this registry key to re-enable copying meetings to do this?

24 Replies

Hi @Leann66328,

to (re)-enable the copying of meetings in Outlook, you can modify the Windows Registry.

Here are the steps you can use:

1. Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor. If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes to allow it to make changes to your device.
3. Navigate to the following path in the Registry Editor:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar

4. Right-click on the Calendar key, select New, and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
5. Name the new DWORD value EnableMeetingCopy.
6. Double-click on EnableMeetingCopy. In the Value data field, enter 1 and click OK.
7. Close the Registry Editor.

Outlook blocks copying meetings with “Copying meetings is not supported.” - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

@LeonPavesic It worked!  Thanks.

@LeonPavesic   Thanks for your post.  I really need to enable calendar copying again but I'm stuck.

where do I find Right-click on the Calendar key, select New, and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.?  Below is a screen shot and I don't see "Calendar key"?  

organicbrandconsultan_0-1701621103509.png

Are you kidding? Calendar key is selected on your screenshot.

Sorry@LeonPavesic but this solution do'esnt work for me still always got the message copying meeting is not supported even after i Had the Key EnableMeetingCopy

Can you  help me i'm blocked.

Fabio23_0-1703263089183.png

Thank you Leon Pavesic for a GREAT walk-thru! After an outlook reboot, this worked perfectly! It was driving me bonkers! Lol, happy new year all!

@LeonPavesic Thank you for this.  Worked perfectly (after closing Outlook).  I always liked copying for follow-up meetings to keep the all the meeting info (chat, files, recap, recordings...) in one place.  Seems like this should a MS feature and expected same as recurring, and not blocked.  Would have rather have seen root cause and fixes to any undesirable issues.   Thanks again.  

Hi @Steve_Bartos,

you are welcome, I'm glad it helped.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

spot on! thank you!

@LeonPavesic 

Dear reader,

Unfortunately I don't see the options mentioned:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook

This is as far as I can follow your instructions. Under this branche I only get these options:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Resiliency

And below that:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Resiliency\DoNotDisableAddinList

So unfortunalely no maps called : "options" / "calender" etc.

I use the copy feature very often. Please advice on how to create this workaround in my situation (I assume I have to add the registry key at a different location)!

Thanks a lot!!!

Hi @JorgNien,
could you please place a screenshot here?

Hi @JorgNien,

can you please check what version of Outlook are you using?

Do you have Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0 or Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0 registry keys?

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

@LeonPavesic 

Thannks for your reply!

This is my outook version:

JorgNien_1-1704703714395.png

This is what my registry looks like:

JorgNien_0-1704703548447.png

Thanks for your reply en help!

Below in my reply to LeanPavesic is the screenshot.

Hi @JorgNien,

thanks for the additional info and the screenshot.

The registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar may not be present by default and may require manual creation.

If you're aiming to enable the copying of meetings between calendars in Outlook, you may need to manually create a DWORD value named EnableMeetingCopy under the Calendar key and set its value to 1.

IF the above solution proves ineffective, consider running a system file check (sfc) or performing an in-place Office repair.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Thanks once again. I am a nocice to registry manipulations. So...

Could you tell me how to create this key/map/directory:
"
The registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar

may not be present by default and may require manual creation.
"

If I can do that I know how to manually create the DWORD with the right value I think.

Kind regards,
Jorg

@LeonPavesic 
Great, thanks for your advise. The copy has been re-enabled but guys, we can't paste it to any other date. It just duplicates the record in the same date where the original meeting is.

Any idea why? It was possible to paste it to other dates upon your needs before. Thx

Hi @DavidP14,

thanks for the update and the additional info.

Regarding your question: the practice of copying meetings can cause unexpected issues. If you re-enable the functionality and experience issues, please delete the copied meeting, and start with a new meeting. The Outlook Support Team will not troubleshoot issues related to copied meetings. 

Outlook blocks copying meetings with “Copying meetings is not supported.” - Microsoft Support

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)