Display number of flagged messages instead of unread messages?

Copper Contributor

Given that flags are intended to be used as a marker for "this thing needs doing," I feel like there has to be some way to display the total number of emails flagged for follow-up in a folder where you would normally see the total number of unread messages: Capture.PNG.

If I go to the properties of the folder, I can see options to display either the number of unread emails, or the total number of emails. Is there someway to add to those options? I've searched just about everywhere I can think and I can't find any mention of someone trying to do this. Honestly kind of surprised this hasn't already been added by Microsoft; seems like it would be an incredibly useful feature for literally anyone who uses flags.

2 Replies
I'd like to see both. Number of unread emails and number of flagged emails in a folder

@ALambert97 

Here is a workaround in the meantime. In New Outlook, you can create a Search Folder and then hover over the folder for a glance at the total of flagged items.

Video: https://youtu.be/NL6NZ-IC6c4?si=AfB8pZtw-GcopWWP&t=33

Teresa_Cyrus_0-1702839343540.png

Teresa_Cyrus_1-1702839376491.png

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best response, which will assist others with the same question.

/Teresa
#traccreations4e 12172023