Display number of flagged messages instead of unread messages?

Copper Contributor

Given that flags are intended to be used as a marker for "this thing needs doing," I feel like there has to be some way to display the total number of emails flagged for follow-up in a folder where you would normally see the total number of unread messages: Capture.PNG.

If I go to the properties of the folder, I can see options to display either the number of unread emails, or the total number of emails. Is there someway to add to those options? I've searched just about everywhere I can think and I can't find any mention of someone trying to do this. Honestly kind of surprised this hasn't already been added by Microsoft; seems like it would be an incredibly useful feature for literally anyone who uses flags.

2 Replies
I'd like to see both. Number of unread emails and number of flagged emails in a folder

@ALambert97 

Here is a workaround in the meantime. In New Outlook, you can create a Search Folder and then hover over the folder for a glance at the total of flagged items.

Video: https://youtu.be/NL6NZ-IC6c4?si=AfB8pZtw-GcopWWP&t=33

Teresa_Cyrus_0-1702839343540.png

Teresa_Cyrus_1-1702839376491.png

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best response, which will assist others with the same question.

/Teresa
#traccreations4e 12172023

The New Outlook for Windows now includes more classic features you know and love. Microsoft is slowly rolling out these features, and you can learn more about them by watching an informative video 0:00 Introduction 0:33 Search Folders 2:36 Shared with Me 3:36 Styles 4:06 Outlook Settings 6:19 ...