SOS --HELP ON RECOVERING DESKTOP FILES WHICH VANISHED

Copper Contributor

Hi, I was facing sync issues of some files on my desktop to One Drive...To address this I unlinked my One drive but to my horror saw that all files in various sub folders on desktop vanished disappeared. :( 

can anybody help me in recovering them please ..huge repository of files and data I have lost which will be disastrous for me ...PLEASE HELP URGENT

5 Replies

Hello @Uday_Kumar9999

You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is for general questions about the Microsoft Tech Community site. 

I'm moving your question to the OneDrive community, which is better suited for your question. 

Thanks,

@Uday_Kumar9999 My guess is that your OneDrice was set up as files on demand. So when you unlinked OneDrive, the files that were stored only in the cloud vanished from your desktop.

Login to OneDrive via web. Your files are likely there 

If the files are important then BACK THEM UP.   Synced cloud storage is not a backup. 

@Mike Williams thx for responding unfortunately on doing what you advised I still see only the folder names but files are missing:(

Looking for solution please if anybody can help. URGENT. Thanks a lot

You may need to contact Microsoft or a reputable service that can look at your computer directly. Online volunteers can't look at your computer or your account.

Depending on how much time has elapsed since you deleted files, any delay may make them unrecoverable.

The other thing to try is searching across all your local hard drive, in case you have done something with folder redirection and the files are not where you think they are.