"Shared with Me" folders are missing

Copper Contributor

My company is adding a new user in our system and we shared our main company folder with the new user through Direct Share. The e-mail invite for the shared folder went through, and the user could click on the link and access the folder, but the folder never showed up in the "Shared with Me" section of OneDrive. Our administrator deleted and created the account, and we are now experiencing a different sharing issue. When the new user clicks on the folder invite, it tries to pull up a SharePoint page (we are not currently using SharePoint) and it says "you need to request access to this page". But when access is granted, nothing happens. And the folder still does not show up in "Shared with Me".

Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening and how to correct it? We've created half a dozen other users in the system and have been able to share this folder with all of them. I'm not sure why this one isn't working (and we are accessing the account online through our web browser, not through a OneDrive app on the computer)

1 Reply

@kategmp 

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’re experiencing with OneDrive. 

Listed below are steps to be considered:

1.Sign-in Issue: Make sure the new user is signed into their account when accessing the folder1. After signing in, the folder should appear in the “Shared with you” list.

2.Try accessing the folder from a different browser: If you’re accessing OneDrive through a web browser, try accessing it from a different browser to see if that resolves the issue.

3.Clear your browser cache: Clearing your browser cache can sometimes resolve issues with OneDrive not displaying files or folders correctly. To do this, go to your browser’s settings and look for an option to clear your cache

4.Account Type: If the account sharing the file and the account receiving the file are different (one is a personal account and another is a business account), it might not be feasible to make the shared file exist in the “Shared with you” list between personal and business accounts. Unless the organization admin of the business account has added the personal account to the organization, you could only use the anyone link to access the file while unable to add it to your “Shared with you” list. You could download the file and upload it to your OneDrive.

5.File Explorer Access: If you need to access “Shared with me” files and folders on OneDrive through your file explorer, and not on OneDrive online, you could try adding a shortcut to your files. However, this might not work if you’re using a business account.

6.SharePoint Access: If clicking on the folder invite is pulling up a SharePoint page, it might be because of how your organization’s OneDrive is set up. 

7.Check the shared folder’s permissions: Ensure that the new user has the correct permissions to access the shared folder. You can do this by right-clicking on the folder and selecting “Manage Access”. From there, you can add or remove users and adjust their permissions.

8.Check if the folder is hidden: Sometimes, folders can be hidden from view in OneDrive. To check if this is the case, click on “Files” in the left-hand menu and then select “Shared”. If the folder is listed here, it may be hidden from view in your main OneDrive view.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)