Video Pane Defaults to Bottom

Copper Contributor

I have noticed during virtual meetings when a participant is sharing their screen, the video pane showing everyone's video feed defaults to the bottom side of the window. When you are holding a conversation during the meeting while someone is sharing, your instinct is to look down at the persons video feed when they are speaking. This perception makes it seem like everyone is looking down and not engaged in the conversation. I would say that majority of the time, everyone's camera is installed above the screen/monitor and so it makes sense to have the video pane default to the top part of the window where they are making eye contact with the camera. I think a simple change like this will make a big difference.

1 Reply
Agree, it's something I've mentioned before to the Product team as well. Hopefully something is in the works, but I would scour microsoftteams.uservoice.com and see if something exists and vote on it if so. Ideally I suggested we get a way to dock it where we would like, or a floating bar for the video feeds cause some laptops (dell's in the past), have the camera under the screen.