SOLVED

Teams Custom Background Fails

Copper Contributor

We recently got the +Add New option for custom backgrounds in our Teams.  I've added a number of images, but there is one I try to add and it fails.  I get the following message:

Couldn't upload image

Image requirements:

Min size: 360x360 px

Max Size: 2048x2048 px

File type: jpeg, png, bmp

Aspect ratio: greater than 4

The image meets all of the requirements.  Since other images have no issue, I assume it's something specific with this image....question is what could it be since it meets all the requirements.

27 Replies
Yes, this works. Next: could't APPLY background.

Still not answered question: "how this Aspect Ratio of '4' is calculated". For, if Aspect Ratio is two values - H/V, then not understandable what value is mentioned, and if Aspect Ratio is one value - result of dividing H by V, then it is very confusing, because images listed in %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams\Backgrounds\Uploads are not images where H is 4 times more than V. So, can Microsoft clarify what this means - "Aspect ratio: greater than 4"?

Such a simple fix and worked like magic!!! Thank you so much. I wish I knew why re-saving the images via Paint 3D made a difference but who cares, it works and saved me an afternoon of pulling my hair out!!! Thank you.

@DanZ24 It wasn't letting me upload images when the JPGs were CMYK. When I saved them as RGB, the problem went away.

@eyerisse Great! It appeared in the background choice. But I can't choose the image I placed in the "Upload" folder for some reason. 
Does anybody have the same problem as this?

---- UPDATES -----

I figured it out! I exported my image as JPEG and I had an issue. So, I exported it as PNG instead, then it worked!