SOLVED

Receiving Calls on Android not ringing

Copper Contributor

I have multiple Samsung Android phones that if you call the user via Teams it does not ring even though every setting in Android Teams is the same as users on other Samsung Android phones that receive calls? seems like a bug in Teams? or is it something i'm missing?  As soon as i stop calling the users, they instantly get a missed call message?

Outlook is all so installed not sure if they are clashing?

Notifications all on

During Quiet times Allowed

When active on desktop Allowed

34 Replies

@PaulTW 

Hmm, let's start with the basics.

1.) Try logging out the app and back in and test to see if that works

2.) If not, try uninstalling the app and reinstalling and see if that works

3.) Update the mobile app to the latest version and see if that works

Any of these fix it? Let me know

Best, Chris

Many thanks

Ive logged off & back on, ive uninstalled & reinstalled so it has installed the latest version. Still no fix.

Seems like its a problem with Teams & samsung, ive logged in as the user on my Pixel 5 & the calls ring? but on the samsung (tried 2 Galaxy A03s) but calls don't ring??
Awesome, then it looks like it's restricted to the app and Galaxy A03s.

What about silent mode? Is it on? https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-a03s-android-11-0/troubleshooting/basic-use/no-ri...
Hi No, silent mode is off. it does not even show on screen anyone is calling me!
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution

@PaulTW 

Thanks Paul, this sounds like a bug for this particular device (Galaxy A03s). I have raised the Bug here:

Bug: Incoming calls not ringing on Galaxy A03s · Community (microsoft.com)

If you could 

1.) Raise a support ticket via the Microsoft 365 admin centre

2.) In this thread put down the build numbers of the Teams App and the Galaxy AO3s

I will raise this to Microsoft engineering to review tonight. Of course, it could take a while to resolve but at least we are pushing it in the right direction. Thanks for providing all the information.

Hope this has answered your question

Best, Chris

Manu thanks for this,
Teams 1416/1.0.0.2021195305/1216, Calling Version 2021.42.01.20
Galaxy A03 Model Number: SM-A037G/DSN
Hi,

We have exactly the same problem on Samsung Xcover 4 & 5 running Android 11 using the most recent Teams client app. After starting up and signing in on Teams, the incoming calls cannot be seen (no notification) nor heard but missed calls in Teams are shown (but no notication / pop-up). Smartphone is connected to Internet via both mobile 4G and WiFi. When I enter Settings of the smartphone and look at some settings and exit Settings (without changing anything), I try calling my smartphone again and now the phone rings using Teams notification. If I do not answer, I get the notification of a missed call and it is also shown in Teams itself. Looks like a bug between Teams and Android ?

Hello, adding my model to the list having the same problem: Samsung SM-N986B/DS (Note 20 Ultra 5G). All applications and systems on phone up to date. Has been an issue for months, but didn't realize others were having the same difficulty.

@PaulTW 

Same issue with my Samsun A52 5G. It worked fine at the end of last year but since then i've updated to Android 12 and now no matter how many allow notifications and don't go to sleep options i use i get no calls  to  the phone

Hi all,

We found the root-cause to solve this problem, at least for our situation. We have excluded the Teams app on the Android Samsung device from being optimised for BOTH battery as well as Memory usage. This way, the smartphone never puts Teams to sleep nor does it kicks Teams out of the memory. Ever since, all calls are visible through the various notifications, even after longer iddle use (such as at start of day).
Thanks I'll try this I've opted out of battery sleep so far
We have this bug on mutiply samsung devices (A50 e.g.) but also LG.

Has anybody created a ticket in the admin center yet, to which I my referre when I create mine shortly?

We had the same problem with several phones (at least 2 different samsung model).We passed the battery parameter for Teams apps on unrestricted instead of optimized and it seems it resolve the problem.

Thanks @Peter_De_Bruyne_STZH 

@MichaelOliv Did you pass this setting via Intune or directly on the phones? We have similar issues with Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro devices. Also the mic volume is verry low and somehow can't be changed in the mobile app.

Directly on phone. I don't know if it's possible by Intune.
We have received and applied these recommendations from Samsung using the Knox Service Plugin via Intune MDM platform.
1. Battery Optimization Settings
a. Go to Settings on your phone
b. Tap Apps
c. Search for and select “Your App” then tap Battery
d. Disable Optimize battery usage for “Your App”

2. Sleeping App Settings
a. Go to Settings on your phone
b. Tap Battery & Device Care, then tap Battery
c. Tap Background usage limits
d. Disable Put unused apps to sleep
e. Tap Sleeping Apps: make sure “Your App” is not there
f. Tap Deep sleeping apps: Tap More options (three vertical dots) and tap Remove apps

3. Battery Saving Mode Settings
a. Go to Settings on your device
b. Tap on Battery and Device care, then Battery
c. Disable Power saving mode

4. Optimize battery usage
d. Go to Settings on your device > Apps
e. Tap on the three dots menu (⁝), then Special Access
f. Open Optimize battery usage
g. Expand the list to All apps from the drop-down filter
h. Make sure that the toggle for “Your App” app is switched OFF
i. Open Optimize battery usage
j. Expand the list to All apps from the drop-down filter
k. Make sure that the toggle for “Your App” app is switched OFF

5. Auto-optimize daily
a. Go to Settings on your device
b. Tap on Battery and Device care
c. Tap on the three dots menu (⁝), then Automation
d. Make sure that Auto optimize daily is disabled

Hope this works out for any of you with the same problems !
Hi Peter
I'm trying to get this running via KSP and Intune MDM but can't find the settings you mentioned. Did you need a KSP Premium License for this?
Regards
Fierin
Hi Fierin,

Yes, we did require a KSP premium license for this.

Kind regards
Peter

Not able to receive calls or notifications on Teams. Installed latest version from google play store via a mdm service on our device. I tried all the solutions below but nothing worked. We have a custom android 9 firmware without a google play service running. I can call my team members from the device but can't receive call from them. This is primary scenario for the some of our customers. Any help is appreciated

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution

@PaulTW 

Thanks Paul, this sounds like a bug for this particular device (Galaxy A03s). I have raised the Bug here:

Bug: Incoming calls not ringing on Galaxy A03s · Community (microsoft.com)

If you could 

1.) Raise a support ticket via the Microsoft 365 admin centre

2.) In this thread put down the build numbers of the Teams App and the Galaxy AO3s

I will raise this to Microsoft engineering to review tonight. Of course, it could take a while to resolve but at least we are pushing it in the right direction. Thanks for providing all the information.

Hope this has answered your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post