SOLVED

Notifications to all staff

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to set up a group or similar where a notification can go to all employees regardless of their teams status?

What I want to have is some way that we can alert all staff when a fire alarm is to be tested as emails are often not picked up in real time (if for example people are in a meeting) and I would like them to have a pop up notification so no-one mistakes the call for a real alarm (we previously used a tannoy but have replaced all desk phones with Teams now).

I've already tried creating a Teams Group but the conversation function there is not notifying the members.

Thanks!

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution

What about having an Org-wide Team for this and use the announcements post type?

Ok will try that - will that notify people even if there status is busy etc,?

@RRMX01 Hi, let me just add this to the topic as well.

An urgent message will notify a person or group repeatedly, every 2 minutes for 20 minutes, or until they read it. Mark a message as important or urgent in Teams - Office Support (microsoft.com)

Can this be a recurring notification. 

I'd like to let everyone know of a meeting I've setup where anyone can join@ChristianJBergstrom 

Not everyone can attend due to workloads, so its open ended to join. If it was setup as a recurring meeting in outlook, then if you decline, then you get no more invites to future ones.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution

What about having an Org-wide Team for this and use the announcements post type?

View solution in original post