SOLVED

Disable Email Notifications for New Meetings

Copper Contributor

Hi All,
I'm wanting to stop Teams from sending an email every single time I add a meeting/event into my Teams Calendar. I'd like to use this in my organisation to major calendar events are present in the calendar all the time and can be updated and changed, but there are so many that staff will get very annoyed at having a new email for every single one. I cannot find an option anywhere at all to turn this function off. 
Any tips?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution
Thanks for sharing the feedback.
However, couple of follow up questions to understand your requirement in detail -
1. If you disable email notification, then whenever you are updating or making some changes to calendar events then would you like your attendees to be notified on the recent changes?
2. By updating the meeting events, are you saying if you are adding new attendee or removing any attendee then only the added/removed attendees should be notified like Outlook?

Hi @Soumitra Paul 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes I don't want them notified of changes, unless I choose to notify them. 

If I'm adding or removing attendees I don't need them to be notified. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution
Thanks for sharing the feedback.
However, couple of follow up questions to understand your requirement in detail -
1. If you disable email notification, then whenever you are updating or making some changes to calendar events then would you like your attendees to be notified on the recent changes?
2. By updating the meeting events, are you saying if you are adding new attendee or removing any attendee then only the added/removed attendees should be notified like Outlook?

View solution in original post