Microsoft Teams Room setup issue

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We have 4x Logitech tap hardware devices that are MS Team Room certified. We have them all setup and they are each logged in with an exchange on premise resource account. The issue we have is they cannot fetch the calendar from the on premise server we have. We installed exchange Hybrid and setup Oauth authentication for exchange server on premise. When I run command below we get an error and not sure how to fix it as everything looks good as the user account UPN in o365 is for example meetingroom@mds.com which is the same as our AD on premise. Any idea what I can do to fix this as I cannot figure out how to by pass the error.

Enable-CsMeetingRoom -Identity "meetingroom" -RegistrarPool "sippoolyqbca103.infra.lync.com" -SipAddressType meetingroom@mds.com

PS C:\Users\dboudreauDA> Enable-CsMeetingRoom -Identity "meetingroom" -RegistrarPool "sippoolyqbca103.infra.lync.com" -SipAddressType meetingroom@mds.com
Cannot bind parameter 'SipAddressType'. Cannot convert value "meetingroom@mds.com" to type
"Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.AddressType". Error: "Unable to match the identifier name
meetingroom@mdscoating.com to a valid enumerator name. Specify one of the following enumerator names and try again:
FirstLastName, EmailAddress, UserPrincipalName, SAMAccountName, None"
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Enable-CsMeetingRoom], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotConvertArgumentNoMessage,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.EnableOcsMeetingRoomC
   mdlet
    + PSComputerName        : adminca1.online.lync.com

5 Replies

@bubba19831983 

Are you able to migrate the account that has the calendar to Exchange Online and then try it?

Although hybrid configured correctly with OAuth should do the job for you, Teams simply works better with Exchange Online than it does with on-premises Exchange, so if you have the chance to use Exchange Online I would always recommend this.

@PeterRisingI cannot migrate to exchange online as I didn't install the full hybrid since we are not going to exchange online.

If I would use exchange online what would my auto discovery record be? our tablet are on a segregated network with full internet access so how would they know what auto discovery record to look for?

@bubba19831983 

Ah fair enough, if you aren't planning on using Exchange Online then I get where you are coming from.

Have you checked out this guide for configuring Teams Rooms with Exchange on-premises?  

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/rooms/with-exchange-on-premises

@PeterRisingHi

THat is the guide I have been following. When I get down to enable the device account step 3 

Enable-CsMeetingRoom -Identity $rm -RegistrarPool'sippoolbl20a04.infra.lync.com' -SipAddressType EmailAddress

This is where the error gets generated. That is why I posted this online.

@bubba19831983 

Ah I see.  I'm afraid I'm unable to offer any further insight on this issue. If no one else on here has any thoughts, then I would recommend that you open a support case with Microsoft for further guidance.