Microsoft Teams Notification Popup

Copper Contributor

How do you turn off the popup image below?

11 Replies

Hi,@bfry24   I was unable to open the attachment.  What does the notification say?

It's a black popup. Left side has the volume slider to adjust the volume. The other side says Microsoft Teams Noti... with Play/Pause, FF and Rewind.

@bfry24 

was there ever a response or fix for this?  I began receiving it about 1 month ago and it is very annoying since it overlays itself on top of other windows and takes about 15+ seconds to disappear.  I usually see it after hanging up on a skype meeting while using a MS Teams enabled headset

It is impossible to move and forces you to either wait or move the window behind it (such as outlook) in order to access buttons in the applications and take actions.

@bfry24 

This has been driving me crazy. I spent an hour fruitlessly looking for a solution and then stumbled on it on my own: at the very bottom of the general settings in Teams, check "Turn off animations."

@disillusioned where do you see General Settings? I am wondering if our administration has this turned off as I don't see that anywhere.  Can you paste some screenshots?  Thank you!

@JaredIoninRight-click the icon in the system tray.

@disillusioned thanks so much.  Just to be clear, this removes the stupid black box that shows up in the top left of your screen by removing animations?

@JaredIoninMy pleasure. It did for me.

I didnt even have the box checked and im getting this black box any other suggestions @disillusioned 

@rroy115Try checking it, restarting Teams, unchecking it, and restarting Teams.

This seems to have worked for me! Checked 'Turn off animations' under General Settings then restarted the Teams. To restart, right-click the Teams icon in the taskbar, then select Quit. Then reopen Teams.