Meetings in Calendar do not match in Outlook and Teams

Copper Contributor

I have been using Teams for about 18 months or 2 years now. Starting 2-3 months ago, the Teams calendar became unreliable. Meetings will be listed in Outlook that are not in Teams. I changed no settings in this regard. No different practices, no changes in work flow. Even now as I look in Teams about 95% of my calendar is correct. But once every week or two, something will not be posted in Teams even though it is clearly visible in Outlook. So the calendar is functioning, it's just buggy. The mobile app for Android has degraded to the point that it is just no longer useful. For the last 2-3 months, the Android Teams calendar is even worse than the desktop. It is often the case that I can pull up Teams on my phone to confirm the time of a meeting I know I have today, and it will be missing from the mobile calendar. Finally, today the calendar became completely useless. I am logged into Teams on my mobile app. I can see my chats and Teams posts. But when I go to the Calendar it looks like I have just installed it. The calendar is stuck on a "Start Something New" message asking me to make my first meeting. Nothing I do will dislodge this screen. I am simple no longer able to look at my calendar in Teams even though the rest of it functions just fine. Several months ago I was a power user of this app, showing everyone else where I worked how to use it. Now it is useless to me. Does anyone else have this problem? Is MS working on the calendar, making updates that are making it less reliable? It was a great tool previously. I barely use it a

2 Replies

Hi @BuckFeris  - I haven't seen this, but I wonder if clearing the Teams cache would help? (How to clear  the Teams desktop app cache)

Can confirm clearing the cache has at least temporarily resolved the issue for me, but still an annoying problem.