Impact of MC211972 - csTeamsMeetingPolicy update to manage access to past meetings

Deleted
Not applicable

Planned change MC211972  will update the settings within csTeamsMeetingPolicy.

This change will impact all the users who are assigned any of the above policies with the value set to "False".

1. AllowChannelMeetingScheduling
  2. AllowMeetNow
  3. AllowPrivateMeetNow
  4. AllowPrivateMeetingScheduling

After this change, the past meetings created/organized by the users impacted will be expired. That means, no one will be able to join the meetings.

I am trying to establish the no of meetings impacted by this for a client but and unclear what a 'past meeting created/organised' means. as it is ambiguous

Does it mean:

1 - All meetings scheduled before the change date irrespective of when the meeting was held or it is due to be held

or

2 - All meetings scheduled and held before the change date.

1 Reply

@Deleted Hello Nikki! Totally agree. I provided feedback via Message center but haven't heard a thing for a while. Thursday 21st they updated the message though.

Updated May 21, 2020: Based on learnings from our early rings, we have made the decision to make additional changes to the code before we proceed with the roll-out. We will deliver a new Message center post once we re-start the roll-out. Thank you for your patience.

Perhaps Microsoft will be more clear regarding these changes with the coming update. At least I hope so!